Chapter 18: I become hotter, and not in the good way

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Jaime's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

I woke up late the next morning, due to the fact I was at the cave till 1 A.M. I got dressed, headed to the zeta tube, and went to the cave. As I walked in, I immediately noticed that Chloe was not in the room. "Where's Chloe?" I asked Gar. "Still asleep, she's probably tired from getting up early yesterday." He said, but I felt like that wasn't the case. I walked down to her room and knocked on the door. No response.

The second time I knocked louder and more frantically, and she opened a second later. I was about to breathe a sigh of relief, until I noticed her condition. Dark circles were visible under her eyes, and her hair was messy and out of her normal neat ponytail. And the cracks. The cracks were up to her eyes. "Clo, Chloe look at me. Are you okay?" I asked as I grabbed her by the shoulders.

She slowly looked up, and met my eyes. They were filled with so much fear, and a lot of pain. "I... I don't feel too good." She said quietly. Then her knees buckled in, and she collapsed right into my arms.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Jaime's face of concern was the last thing I saw before I blacked out. It had taken so much energy just to get up and answer the door. Now I was back in my bed. I looked at my arms. The cracks were gone. I looked at my legs, cracks also gone. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom mirror and saw no cracks anywhere on my body. Where did this sudden burst of energy come from? A minute ago, it felt like I was dying.

Oh crap, I can't be dead right? No, I didn't see a light, so no dead. I quickly ran out of my room and down to the lounge. Except it wasn't the lounge and kitchen. The kitchen was there, but the lounge was a large white portal. Oh scratch that, I was dying. Then, someone grabbed my shoulder, and I turned to see a woman. She had long curly blonde hair that went down to her waist, and vibrant blue eyes. She looked like me, but older. Then I realized who it was.

"Mom." I said quietly as I wrapped her into a hug. "My little sun." She said as she wrapped me in a hug. "Mom, I don't wanna die." I said as I held on tightly to her and cried. "My Chloe, why would you think that? This is simply a test." She said as I looked up at her in shock. "What type of test is this?!" I exclaimed, as I threw my arms up. She let out a soft laugh. Suddenly, we weren't in the cave anymore. It was just a large white area that looked endless.

"Where are we now?" I asked my Mom. She smiled. "Our yellow powers, they aren't like the other colored powers. Ours are the powers of the champion. You must be tested in order to be proven worthy." She explained. "Your father misuses the champion's power. The only reason he married me is so that he could have another champion, you. I failed the test. But my little sun, you mustn't. You are the last champion." She said, as she put a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at her in shock. "What type of sci-fi fantasy shit is this?!" I exclaimed. "Chloe. Do not say that. The powers have chosen you, be grateful. Now, I believe in you. If the corruption fully takes you over, you have lost. I love you my daughter, good luck." My mother said as she hugged me. Then she was gone, just gone. I looked around the white void. What was I supposed to do now?

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Jaime's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"Well is she dead?" Gar asked as we stared at Chloe's unmoving body. "No you idiot, she's still breathing." Wally replied. Nobody knew what to do. "M'gann, maybe you should try going in there?" Artemis asked. "Last time it didn't work, so I'd doubt it would work today." M'gann said as she played with her hands. "Oh. My. God. We have to do something!" I said as I put my face in my hands.