Chapter 12: My boyfriend gives me bling

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

The next morning, when I woke up, I realized the whole team had fallen asleep during the 7th Harry Potter movie. On my couch, Artemis' head was in Wally's lap, while Wally and Dick's head were pressed together and both were snoring. Such a couple. On the couch over, Kaldur was asleep next to Mal and Karen, and Karen's head was resting on Mal's shoulder.

On the next couch, there was Conner, then Robin number 3, Cassie, whose head was on Robin number 3's shoulder, then M'gann, and Gar who's head was on M'gann's lap. I was going to reach to take a photo of this absolutely adorable moment, but I realized both of my arms were constricted to my chest, because Jaime's arms were holding me close to his chest. I smiled at the thought of his sleeping face.

This was the second time we've fallen asleep like this. If we didn't start dating within the next week, I think I was going to die. I managed to adjust my head so I could see the clock in the kitchen. 8:37 A.M., I knew no one else would be up till at least 10. I adjusted myself into Jaime's arms, and went back to sleep.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"Who's going to wake them up this time?" A voice said. "Shhh! Not me, you do it!" Another voice said. "Give me my phone, I'm going to take another picture." A voice said. "Shhh!" Several people hissed at the person. "Sorry! Geez." The voice said as I heard the snap of a picture being taken. "Maybe we should just leave them." Another voice said. I opened my eyes to find Wally, Gar, Artemis, Karen, and Cassie all staring at me and Jaime.

"You know I can hear you guys, right? You really aren't that quiet." I said as I loosened the grip of Jaime's arms and sat up. He immediately rolled over and grabbed a nearby couch pillow and continued to sleep. "Sorry, but we had to get another picture so when you guys are dating we can laugh at all those times you fell asleep together." Wally said, and the rest of the group nodded in agreement. I rolled my eyes.

"You and Jaime need to start dating or I'm going to lose a bet." Cassie said as she crossed her arms. "No, I'm going to lose first! I bet within 3 days!" Karen whispered back angrily. "You guys are placing bets? I want in!" Wally said, Gar nodding in agreement. Artemis pulled out her phone and started taking notes and money on what Wally and Gar said about me and Jaime.

"Are you guys seriously doing this, while I'm right here?" I asked, and they all nodded. "You guys need to be like, twenty times quieter, some people are trying to sleep. Plus who said anything about us dating!" I heard a voice say, and I turned to see Jaime sitting crisscross applesauce, glaring at our group. "Don't concern yourself with it, but you better ask Clo soon, otherwise I'm losing thirty bucks!" Karen whisper-screamed at him.

"Yea, yea, I'm working on it." Jaime said as he layed back down. "What?" I said with wide eyes, but he didn't respond. "Oooo, I'm getting thirty bucks from you guys!" Karen squealed quietly, but we all shushed her. "Guys, check it out! There's a rodeo in Texas today!" Wally exclaimed as he showed us an email on his phone.

"Why are you on the email list for cowboys?" Artemis said, clearly trying to hold in her laughter. "You never know! It's a good retirement plan." Wally said as he crossed his arms. At this point I had a pillow smushed over my face to hold in the laughter, Artemis was doubled over in silent laughter, while Cassie was leaning on the couch for support, and Karen and Gar were on the floor dying.

"Tell me that's not your actual retirement plan, Wal." I heard Dick say sleepily from behind me. "You never know!" Wally exclaimed quietly and I laughed harder into the pillow. "You guys make it really hard for people to sleep around here." I heard Conner say, and I looked up to see the rest of the team sitting up sleepily.

"If you want to go to the rodeo today, put your hand up." Wally said, and one person raised their hand, that person being Wally. "You guys are no fun." He says as he walks to the kitchen, probably to go eat Pop-Tarts. "I'm going to go eat breakfast." I say as I dash after Wally, hoping all the Pop-Tarts aren't gone yet. Wally throws me one as I enter the kitchen, which I quickly unwrap and begin to eat.

"How's your arm holding up?" Wally says. I roll up my sleeve to see that the cracks have minimized themself to the very tips of my fingers, making them barely visible. "I think I'm okay for now, as long as I don't use my powers for the next few days." I say as I lean on the kitchen counter next to him. "Does that mean we can stop wearing sweaters?" He asked, and I nodded. "Good. I was dying." He said as he reached for his second Pop-Tart, throwing me another also.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"Chloe! Wait up!" I hear Jaime say from behind me. "Oh, hola. Wanna come in?" I say as I stop at my room. He nods and I open the door. My newly decorated room had fair light hanging from the wall over my bed, my big blue bean bag chair in the corner, my closet was color coated, and lamps were on my desk and nightstands. "Woah, this is so cool." Jaime said as I ran over and threw myself on the bean bag

"Isn't it just so amazing, like me? Now come sit, the bean bag has room for two." I said as I patted the open spot next to me, and he came and sat. "This is really soft." He said as he felt the bean bag, and I nodded in agreement. "So what movie are we watching today?" I asked as I grabbed the remote from the nearby nightstand and turned the T.V.

"Actually I had something to ask you." He said as he turned to me, with a dead serious expression. Oh my God, this was it. The moments had arrived. And this is how my hair looked? "Oh, uh, yeah of course, ask away." I said as I turned to face him.

He opened his mouth to say something, but then reached into his pocket. "I actually wanted to give you this earlier, but I forgot." He said as he pulled a small necklace out of his pocket. I gasped when I saw it. It was a gold necklace, with a beautiful star.

 It was a gold necklace, with a beautiful star

"Oh my God, that's so beautiful." I said as he handed it to me and I looked closer. The necklace had a small gem in the middle. "Do you, uh, want me to put it on you?" He asked and I nodded as I handed it to him. He carefully put it around my neck, and when he was done, I turned back to him. "This is so gorgeous, thank you." I said to him as I wrapped him in a hug, which he returned

"Right and I was going to ask you. Would... you, uh, like to be my girlfriend-" Is what he began to say, but as soon as he got to the girlfriend part, I kissed him. I threw my arms around his neck, while he immediately put one hand on the back of my neck, and one arm around my waist.

We both pulled away after a minute. "I, uh, assume you were going to ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked quietly, and he nodded with a smile. "Of course, that would've been seriously awkward If you were going to ask me something else." I said, as I kissed him on the cheek, and he smiled.

"Blue was always my favorite color." I said as I turned on Star Wars, leaning into his shoulder as he kissed me on the forehead. Finally.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Finally right? Now sit back, the next few chapters are going to get interesting...