Chapter 21: Chloe Crimson's Day Off

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

    "Chloe... Chloee... Chloeee... Chloeeee... Chloe-" "What Gar?" I said into my pillow. "It's 5 A.M., you said to get you again in 30 minutes." Gar replied. "Ugghhh, get me again in-" "CHLOE GET YOUR ASS UP! YOU HAVE TO LEAVE IN 10 MINUTES!" I heard Karen yell from outside the door. "10 MINUTES?! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS?" I said as I practically jumped out of bed, grabbed my suit, and ran into the bathroom. "I tried to tell you!" I heard Gar yell as he left the room.

I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, threw my suit on, and ran to the mission room. Dick was already there, along with Karen and Gar. "I still don't see why a prison check needs so many people. And why so early?" I said as we walked to the zeta tubes. "You never know!" Gar said, smiling eagerly. "That still didn't answer my second question. And why are you so excited?" I asked. as we walked into the zeta tube.

"Why are you not excited?" Gar asked as we walked out. "A, this is my first day off in 2 months and it's 5:15 in the morning, B, I want to go back to bed." I said as I pulled my mask and hood up on my suit, since we were going to Belle Reve. Gar asked no further questions, he finally understood I did not want to be talked to. We reached the prison gates, and we all had to get signed in. "Why are we doing this again?" Karen asked. Dick shrugged. "Batman asked us to. Maybe it'll make the league look better." He answered.

"Why do we need so many people?" Gar asked as we walked up and down the isles of cells, receiving some dirty looks from prisoners. "You never know when there might be a break out." I said as we kept walking. "How long is this place?" I asked. "Pretty long apparently." Karen said. "Blondie!" I heard someone exclaim from one of the cells. "Oh no." I muttered to myself as everyone looked at me with their eyebrows raised. I sighed and turned to the person.

"Hey Ice, how you've been." I asked as I slowly turned, a forced smile on my face. Junior smiled and leaned against his cell. I sighed again. "I'll be here awhile. I'll catch up, don't worry." I said. The team nodded and continued walking. I sat down on the floor of the prison, and threw my hood down, but kept my mask up. I pulled out a deck of uno cards. "Where were we at?" I asked as I delt him 7. "I was winning, 3 to 2." He said proudly. "Sure you were." I said as I gave myself 7.

"Hah! 7 to 4." I said as I threw down my final card. Suddenly there was a large boom noise. I sighed and put my face over my hands. "Prison breach?" Ice asks, and I nod. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about this?" I said as I stood up. "No." He simply replied. "Ughhhh, I got to go, keep the cards!" I said as I tossed him the box. "See you later blondie!" He said as I flew down the hall.

I finally reached the cafeteria, where I saw the team fighting with the Terror Twins. This was going to be a long day.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

    As soon as I zeated in, a pie hit my face. I blinked as I tried to control my rage. "Oh, hey Clo. We were aiming for Dick, but that works too." Barbara said as the pie fell down my face. I sighed and continued walking to the kitchen to grab paper towels. "So how'd it go?" Cassie asked as she followed me and the rest of the group to the kitchen. "Well, if you consider Psimon, the Terror Twins, Devastation, Shimmer, Mammoth, and Junior escaping, it went great." Dick said as he leaned back on the counter.

    "Did anyone else notice that Junior had uno cards?" Gar said as he munched on a Pop Tart. I sighed. "I'm going to shower, then go to bed." I said as I walked out of the kitchen. And I did. It was a nice shower too. I was just about to flop on my bed, when there was a knock on my door. I screamed into my pillow, then politely went to answer it. It was Barbara, Cassie, and Gar. "Want to train?" Gar asked excitedly. I felt my eyes twitch. "You know what? Why not?" I said as I walked out of the room, and to the training room.

    I went in, punched a nearby punch bag, and sent it flying into the wall. "Done. Goodbye." I said as I walked out of the room, leaving the 3 with the jaws dropped. I walked back down towards my room, I was interrupted yet again. "Hey. Can you do me a favor?" M'gann said as she floated down next to me. My patience was running very very thin.

    "Yup, totally." I said I turned to face her. "Okay, I want to bake something for La'gann. But, I don't know how to bake, so I need your help." She said, and I slowly nodded. "So what do you want to bake? Cake, cookies, cupcakes? Nothing?" I said as she shook her head at all my ideas. "I was thinking... beignets." She said as my eyes widened. "You realize those take like... 2 hours?" I said, my patience on the very verge of snapping.

    "Yeah, but It'll be fun!" She said, and I nodded. "Okay..." I said slowly. "Great. Let's get going!" She said as she pulled me along. And 2 hours later, we had semi-perfect beignets. "Let's try them!" M'gann said as she popped one in her mouth. "I'm okay, I think I'm going to go to bed." I said, and I walked off. Finally, I made it to the door of my room. Just to the door, before someone interrupted. "Hey." I heard Jaime's voice behind me.

    I slowly turned and forced a small smile on my face. "Hey." I said as I pecked a kiss on his check, making him smile. Okay, that automatically felt better. "So what movie are we watching?" I asked as I opened the door. "I was thinking... Disney." He said as we walked in and sat next to me on my bean bag. "Disney? I've never heard of it." I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder and let out a yawn.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Jaime's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

    She's never heard of Disney. "What about Mickey Mouse? Have you ever heard of him?" I said. She shook her head. "Oh man, we're going to have to go to DisneyLand." I said, smiling at the thought of roller coasters and the food. "Well, what Disney movie do you want to... watch?" I said as I looked at Chloe, but she was fast asleep, snoring on my shoulder. I smiled. I gently picked her up and carried her to the bed, setting her down and covering her up.

I turned off the lights in the room and pulled her into me, then shut my eyes.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Just a small filler, I'm a bit sick, but I'll try to keep updating