Chapter 35: Happily ever after... is a little bitc-

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"Time to leave this meat infested world." Black said. "Warrior, look! The infestation is aboard ship!" The scientist said as she pointed to the security cameras. "Enough. The Ambassador tied my hands, but the Ambassador is gone. Now the hero meat will die." Black says. "I would not be so sure." I hear Kaldur's voice behind me. Suddenly, the scientist lady is pinned against the window by two blue staples. Jaime was here. He couldn't be here. I couldn't hurt him. I am turned, and I see Kaldur, Jaime, and Green Beetle. Jaime and Green begin to take out the Reach soldiers around us, while Kaldur walks forward with his water sword.

"I am sufficient. Besides, I won't be going first." Black Beetle says, and I see the remote in his hands. Turns out that wasn't the last one. Damn. I lunge forward at Kaldur, making my own sword. He quickly blocks me. "Chloe, please, I do not wish to fight you." He says. I kick him in the shins. Looks like I want to fight him. He wobbles back a bit, and Black flies over me and engages in sword fight with Kaldur. He slams Kaldur back into the wall, and Kaldur doesn't get back up. "As for you brothers, I tried to keep you on mode. Or at least salvage your Scarab. But you are clearly corrupt beyond redemption." Black says as he turns to Jaime and Green.

"It is you who are corrupt!" Green says, and Black lunges at him. "But I will reset your Scarab, and set you free." Green says as two green tubes shoot out from the Scarab, and attach to Black's Scarab. I watch as green lines fill Black's Scarab, as Green tries to destroy it. Crash. "Freedom is overrated." Black said. The green lines turn purple, filling the purple tubes, and going into Green's Scarab. Within seconds, it disintegrated into dust. "I hate martians. Destroying your Scarab would kill most meat. But you survive, if briefly." Black says. Suddenly, I'm raising my hand as a golden sword appears. No, no, no. I can't kill him.

"No!" Jaime yells, and he tackles me back. "Chloe, you have to fight them. Please." He says as he lands on top of me, holding my wrists down. Can't you see I'm trying? "You! You are the cause of this debacle! It is long past time your Scarab was destroyed, and your life ended!" Black exclaimed as he pulled Jaime off of me. Black latches the same tubes onto Jaime's Scarab as he cries out in pain. No, no, no. I do my best to move my hand. I have to get the chip off the back of my neck. It might be painful, but I have to get it off. My hand begins to shake, I can almost lift it...

Then a blaring pain shoots through the back of my head, and I gasp for air. I see the small metal chip next to me, smeared with blue blood. A hand is extended to me, and I grab onto it. "Thanks." I say to Kaldur as I lean on him for support. "Of course, I am sorry though. Are you alright?" He asks. "I'll be fine." I say. I turn as I hear screaming. I watch as Jaime destroys Black's Scarab, and it disintegrates to dust. "What have you done?" Jaime mutters as I watch Black collapse to the floor.

"It is over, we have won." Kaldur reassures him. "No, we lost. When my Scarab tapped into Black's, we learned he's already set a plan in motion to erase all evidence of the Reach's attempt to conquer us-" He says. "By destroying Earth." I finished. He turns to me. "Are you okay?" He asks as he immediately runs over to me. "I'll be fine. C'mon, we have to go." I say.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"Oh, thank God!" Artemis says as she wraps me in a hug, which I return. "Are you okay?" She says as she pulls away. "Yeah, just a really bad headache." I say as the rest of the team approaches. "Where are Kaldur and Blue?" Wally asks as he wraps me in a side hug. "They went up to the Watchtower to discuss a plan. But I was sent here to get you guys." I said as Bart and Gar hugged me next. "Get us for what exactly?" Tim asks. "To Metropolis. We have some bombs to stop." I say, and everyone grins at our new mission.