Chapter 42: Time to spill the tea

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

I shot up and gasped for air. I looked around. I was in a dimly lit prison cell, metal bars and everything. I pictured Heaven a little prettier than this. I looked down and felt myself. No blood or broken bones. So I was definitely dead. I quickly stood up. I was wearing a gray shirt and flannel leggings. I looked at the cell doors. I quickly reached out to touch one of the bars, but as I did, it shocked me and sent me back flying into the wall. I quickly grabbed my bad shoulder, which hurt from impact. "C'mon kid, you should know better. You can't get out of these prison cells that easily." A voice says from in front of me.

I look up to see another cell, with a man in it. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. The man wore an aviator suit, with an aviator jacket over top. He was glaring at me as well. I looked at the label on his jacket. It read Jordan, Hal. I gasped and quickly leaned forward. "You're Hal Jordan." I said, thinking of all the stories John and Guy have told me about him. "Yeah, your majesty, I am. And what do I owe the pleasure of your company in my cell?" He asked as he stood up to face me. "Yeah, I'm still figuring that part out. Can you see me?" I asked him.

"Uh, duh. You're standing right there, I'm also talking to you." He said as he gestured to me. "Oh good, so I'm a ghost. Wait, ghosts don't feel pain though." I said as I thought about how my shoulder hurt. "Ghost? Why would you be a ghost?" Hal asked. "Because I'm dead." I replied. "What?! But you're standing right there! Oh God, am I hallucinating?! Is that how long I've been here?!" He exclaimed. "You're not hallucinating, Hal Jordan. None of us are." I heard a voice say. I turned to see Rebecca, but she looked different. The difference being the large burn mark that covered half her face.

"No, I-I killed you. You're supposed to be dead!" I exclaimed as I took a step forward to look at her more closely. "Yeah, well, you managed to take the Champion out of me and give me a bunch of third degree burns." She said as she played with her nails. "I'm sorry, I think I'm lost in the conversation, are both of you supposed to be dead?" Hal asked as he leaned against the wall of his prison cell. "How... How am I not dead?" I asked, and Rebecca smiled. "You see, on Earth, there's this lovely thing called a Lazarus Pit, owned by a very powerful Demon Head. And for the right price, he let me use it." Rebecca explained.

"You threatened someone, didn't you?" I asked. "Yes, his grandson actually." She said as I sighed. "So... I was dead?" I asked as I looked at my hands. "Yes, but I revived you! And your alien genetics ensured that you had no side effects, which worked perfectly. You're welcome." Rebecca said. "And why am I in a prison cell?" I asked as I looked around. "Because I have big plans. Now that Father's dead, I want to change a few things. And to answer your question, yes we had more ships." She said as I opened my mouth to ask that question. "I'm sorry, can somebody fill me in on what's going on?" Hal said. I sighed. "Looks like you have some explaining to do." Rebecca said, then she walked out.

"Yeah, you really do, princess." Hal said, and I sighed as I sat down in my prison cell. "I guess we do have some time. It all started two years ago, when I pulled a Mary Poppins."  I began to explain.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

THATS A WRAP FOLKS!!! TURN TO NEXT PAGE FOR SEQUL INFO!!!