Chapter 4: Assessments

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

    The next morning, I woke up and almost forgot where I was. Then I remember falling, battling the team, and making friends. I remember Jaime. 'Cute' was the first thought that popped into my head when I thought of him. I smiled at the thought. I woke up and changed out of the 'tank top' and 'pajama pants' Artemis had given me last night, and into 'jean shorts' and a 'long sleeve shirt'. She also gave me 'socks' and 'converse', and I did like the converse.

 She also gave me 'socks' and 'converse', and I did like the converse

Chloe's Outfit

    M'gann and Artemis also decided that my hair would look good in 'braids', so I let them. And they did look good, I admit, but not after all the trauma my head went through for them. Turns out fall from the sky can really knot your hair, and long story short, my hair broke 3 brushes. But It still looked nice

    As we walked into the kitchen/lounge this morning, I couldn't help but notice that not all of the team was here. Only M'gann, Artemis, Garfield, Kaldur, Robin (whose name I still haven't learned), Mal, Dick, and I were here. "Where is everyone?" I asked when Artemis walked to the fridge and M'gann went to talk to Connor. "Only M'gann, Conner, Mal, Garfield, you currently live here," Dick explains, "everyone else goes back to their homes at night, and anyone besides you 5 are just here early.". I nod in understatement and sit down at the table, next to Mal.

He offers me a smile, and I smile back. "What are you eating?" I ask him, as I point to his bowl, full of bright color circles and white liquid. "Fruit loops? Like cereal? Do you... not have cereal in space?" He asks me and I shake my head 'no'. He grins. "Here, try some." He says as he tosses me a bowl. As I extend my hand to grab it, and I end up putting a small gold ball around it. Everyone in the room stops their conversation, and looks at the gold ball I made. "Um, my bad?" I say as I lower it down.

    As I put it down on the table, the ball doesn't go away. I wave my hands and snap my fingers a few times, but nothing happens. "Have you ever done this before?" Kaldur asks me. "Never. The only time I did was when I blasted him," I nodded towards Connor, "into the wall." I explained to him. I frown. "Sorry again about that." I said to Connor, who nodded. "Can you, uh, undo it?" Artemis asks me as she points to the concealed bowl. "I can try." I said as I raised my hands. All of a sudden, a small circle of light begins to come from the center of my palms. "Hey, I think it's worki-" I begin to say, but not before a large beam of light erupts from my hands and shoots me backwards.

I scream as I make impact with the wall behind me, the beam of light still holding strong. It finally collapses, but not before another beam of light comes from my feet, ramming me into the ceiling. The top half of myself ends up in the training room upstairs, and I assume my legs are still in the kitchen. I felt the beam collapse again, letting me drop from the ceiling, only to come from my hands again, ramming me into another wall in the kitchen. The beam drops again, but then comes from my feet, you get the idea at this point. I was a living ping pong ball.