9. Together

As soon as Rehan and I reached downstairs, Mom beckoned us to a corner

I felt a mix of confusion and a slight tinge of fear, wondering if she had somehow found out about our relationship. But then something unexpected happened. She embraced both of us, saying,

" Bhagwan kre mere bacho ki jodi salamat rhe.. Kabhi kisi ki nazar na lage"

Huhhh????? Maaaaa???? Why would she say that???

Did Shouraya tell everyone about us?

Did she somehow know about us?

Did she witness something?

But before the questions could overwhelm me completely, I swiftly responded to Mom, "Mom, we're just friends. How could you even think that we're together?!"

Rehan nodded silently and excused himself to join his family.

I noticed a flicker of anger in his eyes, but I felt helpless. I could not reveal the truth to Mom at that moment.

Ok! So now alara is confused as hell!!!

My nerves were tangled in a web of confusion. Who could have possibly revealed this to mom?

Just as I was about to confront her with these pressing questions, dad intervened, leading us to the center of the hall where he was about to make an announcement.

My heart pounded with anticipation, anxiety growing as I awaited what was to come.

Jodi salamat, announcement...

YEH CHAL KYA RHA HHHH!!!!!!!!

Tension and anxiety were clearly visible on my face, etched in the furrow of my brow and the tightness of my jaw. With each passing moment, the weight of uncertainty seemed to grow heavier, leaving me feeling vulnerable and exposed in the midst of the gathering.

" Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this wonderful celebration tonight. I trust you're all enjoying yourselves, and I hope you've had the pleasure of meeting my daughter, who has just returned from the United States after several years. I couldn't be prouder of her. From the moment she was born, I knew she would bring me immense pride and joy.

But the excitement doesn't end there. I have even happier news to share with all of you. Rehan, the son of my dearest and closest friend, Yuvraj, and my darling Alara are soon to be united in marriage.

 It fills my heart with immense happiness to see our children finding love and companionship in each other. This union is something we have all wished for, and now it's becoming a reality.

I kindly ask for your blessings and well wishes for the happy couple as they embark on this beautiful journey together. Thank you all for being here to share in this special moment with us." Dad ended saying his beautiful speech with the biggest smile on his face.