17. Corpse

"Beta woh" Dad said with a little hesitation

"Kya hua papa, bolo na"

" Beta dekho, meri baat smjhne ki koshish krna and apne aap ko smbhal lena... Mein aur tumhari Mom are always with you...okay?" Dad said pressing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I hold his hands and spoke

" Ji papa I know...aap dono mere sath ho hmesha... Ab please batao na kya baat h...."

I tried to show him that I am calm lekin andar hi andar kuch khae jara tha mujhe... I was scared that what if rehan wanna leave me or what if he isn't okay.

Calm down alara... sab theek h...

" Alara, Do you remember Your padam bhai?"

Fuckkk!!!

** FLASHBACK**

Traveling back 17 years, when Alara, just 10 years old, resided with her mother in the USA. This segment is pivotal; skipping it could mean overlooking a crucial aspect of the story. It holds the key to unraveling the mystery surrounding Padam bhaiya's identity and the circumstances of his demise.

Alara's POV

" Aaaluuuu....Jaldi neeche aao Dinner ka time hora h" Maa screamed, calling me downstairs for dinner. Since we moved here, she made sure we ate together no matter what.

Even though it was just me and maa in this big mansion, the house felt lively, as if many people lived here.

It's all because of her magic. How she decorates the house, how she keeps me from feeling lonely without Dad and my little sister.

I've seen her cry sometimes in her room, but as soon as she sees me, she hugs me and cuddles me to sleep.

I love my mother. She's my superhero. My super mama...

"Aaagyi bas 2 min maaa," I screamed back.

Mom has this routine of playing music based on the time of day. In the morning, as she helps me get ready for school and prepares breakfast, she plays Bhajans. She really enjoys them and tries to teach me the lyrics every day, but I don't always grasp their meaning.

Then, in the evening, she switches to lively party songs, and we dance together. It's a fun way for both of us to enjoy ourselves and get some exercise.

At night, she would play lovely Hindi classical songs. Even though I'm only 10 years old, she's made me fall in love with them. They're so soothing and calming. As I reached the stairs, I heard the doorbell.

" Maaa nhi aaap nhiiii m kholungii" I shouted.

" Pkka Misha aai hogi" Ma replied with a soft smile.

OH WAIT!