Meeting Thirteen Brothers (part 2)

Aki's POV

A tall man with bluish-black hair and silvery eyes stepped up to greet Ema.

"Will you come to my basketball game next week?" He had asked.

I leaned toward the monk, hand covering one side of my mouth.

"Is he the athlete, Subaru?" I asked Kaname.

He responded with a friendly nod. Subaru looked my way and glared. I couldn't help but think that Subaru might not have liked me for some reason. Was it how I looked? Was there something on my face? I turned from his gaze because the intimidation was so strong. Wataru, a ten-year-old with light fluffy hair and wide brown eyes came up and wrapped his arms around my waist. He looked up at me and I realized that he was the same child from before. He was adorable!

"I'm Wataru." He said cheerfully.

"Yes, I remember you," I said with a smile.

I knelt down to his height, Lili was still in my hand. With my free hand, I patted Wataru's head and gave him a little wink.

"Well; now that I'm your big sister, I will have to take you out for ice cream some time. How does that sound?"

"Yay! She is going to take me out for ice cream!" Wataru exclaimed.

"Nice to meet you." I looked up. "I'm Masaomi the eldest, and I'm a pediatrician."

I set down my calico cat and Masaomi gave me a hand up. Lili took off with Juli while I slightly bowed and introduced myself. A young man of eighteen walked up to me, with a bouquet of flowers. His name was lori, the boy handed the flowers to me, welcomed me into the family, and then just walked away silent. He wasn't very talkative, but he seemed kind. With his grayish messy hair and calm face, he could have almost any girl he wanted. Another brother had walked in with a cart full of food and refreshments. His glasses gleamed over his blue eyes as he looked my way. His blonde hair was brushed back and he wore an apron over his formal clothing. The man walked over to me. With a smile, he started speaking to me.

"I'm Ukyo; a successful lawyer. Here, I'm more of the mother figure. I was aware of your arrival beforehand. Let me know if you need anything."

I smiled and kindly introduced myself to him before explaining the situation one last time.
They told me that there were three others, but they either lived separately or were working. I looked at Ema wondering why she had never mentioned me. From the looks of it, the brothers were all thinking the same thing, so I asked.

"Why didn't you tell them about me?"

Everyone in the room fell silent and looked at me, then at Ema. They were about to find out why she had never mentioned me. She looked at me and then quickly down to the floor.

"I thought you were... Dead... So I didn't want to talk about it... I know they all deserve to know now."

It wasn't surprising to me; I was in a coma for a while, and we were like two peas in a pod.

Masaomi was curious now. "Why did you think she was dead?"

There was more silence.

Alright, what have you been thinking? Questions now.
1. What do you think might of happened to them as kids?
2. Why does Subaru not seem to like Aki?
3. What might happen next?
find out later.