A Lot of Surprises to Come

Ema's POV

I looked over everyone in the room and told them to get comfortable. To my surprise, they all sat beside one another without a sound. Yusuke, Masaomi, Wataru, Tsubaki, Azusa, Ukyo, Kaname, Subaru, and lori prepared to listen. Aki was looking at some of the manga on a nearby bookshelf; she was just waiting for the right time to share her parts of the story. It didn't bother me though, she knew most of the story anyway. I took a breath.

"When Aki and I were both about six; Aki going on seven, not only were we sisters, but we were the best of friends. We did everything together. Got ice cream together, shared a bed, we rocked out to Aki's remixes-"

Aki looked at me and giggled as if thinking of a certain memory.

"What?" I asked in earnest.

"Oh nothing, just remembering our little dance competitions."

"Stop thinking about that!" I demanded her.

She stopped giggling.

"Sorry its hard to forget your terrible dance moves from back then."

I blushed and glared at her. She turned back to the manga with a smile. Her smile was followed by a quick giggle to herself. The guys couldn't help but enjoy our little argument. 

"As I was saying... We cleaned, and we played pranks on people including each other."

Aki was suddenly bored of the manga and sat next to me in front of the brothers. I continued.

"One day Aki was getting bullied, and I just had to help her out. I tried, but I ended up getting pushed into the street. I remember that it was a little red-headed boy, who was younger than us, but I don't know his name."

Aki's POV

Everyone looked at us with sympathy, the staring made it kind of uncomfortable. To move the conversation along, I had to make it seem like it was no big deal.

"What? I was bullied in school, but now I kind of work with that idiot. We still don't get along, but I am able to find ways around him. Anyway, like Ema said she got pushed."

Ema's POV

I continued with the story.

"After I got pushed into the middle of the street, I stood up dizzily. I was oblivious to the truck that was approaching. I could've gotten hit, but I didn't because of my sister."

"What happened then!?!?" Wataru exclaimed with interest.

"Aki jumped and pushed me out of the way. In doing so, she had gotten hit instead, causing her to slip into a coma."

Aki rubbed the back of her head and sighed.

"I also have the scars from the wounds."

Aki pulled her jacket aside to show her collarbone which had a really bad scar. She did the same with the right side of her body to reveal another scar. My sister covered them back up with her clothing and let me go on. At this point, the boys were really interested. They were asking all sorts of questions.

"About six months after she had slipped into a coma, something went wrong and the monitor began saying that she was gone. Dad's work made us move quickly. We said our goodbyes, but couldn't give her a proper funeral."

Aki took over again.

"And I'm glad that they didn't either because it would've meant being buried alive."

Everyone laughed.

"Ever since we left, I've been alone, until just a few months ago when I moved in." I turned to Aki. "By the way what have you been doing since you woke up?"

Aki's POV

I looked at Ema in surprise and put my hand on my chin in thought.

"That's not important at the moment," I awkwardly laughed.

All the people in the room seemed to disagree, of course, they were curious about me. They were bugging me about it, especially Ema. I hoped the story I was about to tell was believable.

I sighed. "fine."

They all perked up after their victory. Subaru seemed to be the only one who wasn't interested but listened anyway.

Wataru sat on my lap. 'This kid must really like girls,' I thought. I  then began my half of the tale.

"Let's see... When I woke up my hair was this long and I was attached to it ever since. The nurses said that I was in a coma for seven months and that you both left a month ago. There was a shortage in the monitor and that's why it said I had no pulse. No one knew where you guys went, so I grew up in an orphanage. I made new friends and remember how much I loved music?"

"Yes, you loved it! You would always make remixes, write songs and sing lullabies to me at night." Ema casually said.

I was so happy about what I was about to tell them.

"And you know that I said Louis comes to my work sometimes?" I started fiddling with my thumbs in excitement.

"Yes, what of it?" Yusuke complained.

Louis corrected him.

"She is about to tell you, so listen." He demanded.

"You know don't you Louis? Then ...fine, continue."

Louis smirked.

I was hesitant but got the courage to say it.

"I'm a famous music artist, that's why."

The looks on everyone's faces were hilarious.

"I've never heard of you," lori said, quite confused.

"Oh, well... My identity is secret."

"Wait..." Ema's face lit up. "You can't be... Slay Marie!! The most picked musician and my favorite artist!?"

"The one and only."

I looked at her with a smile and drew my symbol in the air; a heart with headphones and a long cord connected to it. Wataru suddenly got off my lap happy as a child could be. My phone rang. The whole room turned their eyes toward me.

"Is it alright if I take this call? it's work."

Ema nodded and I walked away with my phone.
There in the living room, a discussion was made.

Hey guys, that was unexpected. What's a matter with a little mystery? Slay Marie is made up by me. Comment your ideas and thoughts and if you won't... just do it. XD

Edit: Okay so I honestly did not know that there was a woman who used the name Marie Slay. I truly thought I made it up, but someone in the comments brought it to my attention. I thank them, but I will still use Slay Marie. This time it is not something I made up.