Ch. 5

The burning in your veins continues, and the sheer amount of pain is practically intolerable. You barely notice your surroundings until you're face to face with Killian himself.

"Comfortable?" he says sarcastically as he inches closer. Someone off to your right just injected something in to IV your attached to again. The burning intensifying. IT causes you to bite your lip to keep you from screaming.

"Screw you asshole." you spit back with all the strength you can muster.

Tisk Tisk. Killian reprimands you as he takes a strand of your hair that has fallen down on your face and gently tucks it behind your ear. "Now now sugar. Is that the way to talk to the man whose made you into what you are now?"

You struggled in your restraints, "what do you want with me?" His hands traveled, just hovering down your face and body, landing on your waist. Internally you felt disgusted, as if the touch burned you. "You're my bargaining chip darling. My insurance policy so to say. Stark will do anything for me with you here."

You try to get away from his touch, fighting your restraints more and more. "He won't help you. You'll burn here. I know it." His touched bruised on your waist as he tightened his grip. "We'll see about that won't we?" His face gets in yours, a breath away. "And then we'll see what to do with you. It can be fun, or it can be pain. But I'm sure I'll enjoy it no matter which way it goes. Now if you excuse me. I have a meeting with the president." Just as quickly he leaves you feeling dirty and scared. What if things don't go the way they should? So much has changed already. You can't be sure you'll survive Extremis; that Tony will beat Killian; that you'll be saved. But you have to give it your all to make it out of this alive. To make sure Tony stays safe. To make sure Killian loses and things end the way they're supposed to.

Your struggle is futile, the restraints are impossible to wiggle out of. Then you hear it. The commotion. Your heart skips a beat. Tony. Then an explosion tosses you to the side, the fire licking your skin, knocking you out cold.

-.-

"Sir, I've located Sailor." JARVIS let's him know as he's flying through the air. "About time." He flies directly to the location JARVIS tells him. He enters the room through a hole in the wall. It's a mess. Debris everywhere. His heartbeat is thundering in his chest, thinking the worst. Adrenaline kicks in when he finds her under a mountain of rubble and iron.

As he begins to move the rubble she rouses. "Stop! Wait! Don't move it!" He stops immediately and crouches down to her level, lifting up his face plate to allow her to see its him.

"We should have left when I told you." He quips, trying to lighten the mood. She chuckles "shuddup..." He nods and a small smile comes to his lips. "Yep. We'll talk about it later. How about some dinner? How's that sound?"

His hand reaches out for her and she reaches out for him as well. She chuckles, he can tell she's trying to make him feel better about the situation. "It's the least you can do Anthony. It's a date." His heart skips at the word date, but he pushes it aside certain she doesn't mean it in that context. He stretches out his hand a bit further, almost touching her. "It's Anthony now? I'm hurt." She groans a little as she continues to try to reach him and it twists his guts. "Come on. Just a little more sweetheart." He doesn't care that he let that slip, all he cares is to reach her. He can see tears falling down her face as she keeps trying. Just then he sees her fingertips touching his, his heart swells at the thought that he's got her. But out of no where a fiery limb grabs hold of the suit's power-core and pushes me off. Creating a distance between Y/N and I.

"Is this guy bothering you sugar?" He climbs over my suit and all of a sudden its getting hot. "Don't get up. Ooh. Is it hot in there?" I can feel the temperature rise and I'm trying to think of a way I can get out of this and still get Y/N out of here. "Stuck? Do you feel a little stuck? Like a little turtle, cooking in his little turtle suit."