Ch. 10

When you come to, you at once realize three things. One – you're tied up in a chair in the vault that they were housing Bucky in, which meant HYDRA had you. Two – your shoulder ached, and the wound was still pretty fresh. And three – you could feel an absent weight from your wrists, which meant they took your gauntlets. How the hell had they known about those? Looking around, there's no one in the vault with you, but you can see that dreadful machine that they use on Bucky and the disgust and fear both rise in you together. You wriggle your hands to test your restraints, but you realize they're metal cuffs when they dig into your skin. You wonder if there's some way Tony has kept tabs on you, a way he could find you once they realize you're missing. But those thoughts are cut short by the entrance of one Alexander Pierce, Brock Rumlow, a horde of men in their combat gear, and finally Bucky himself – currently the Winter Soldier.

You decide to let Pierce speak first, although you had a sneaking suspicion of why they would want you here. "Miss. Y/N... we finally meet." He looks at you expectantly, so you give in, practically growling out his name. He comes to stand in front of you, and you want nothing more than to punch the smile from his face. "Let's cut to the chase, shall we? I know you don't need introductions, and I know you know how all of my plans are going to play out..." You hit the head on the nail, he wanted you for your knowledge. "So be a dear and tell me how it goes, so I can make changes where necessary." His sickening false sweet smile, and brash attitude, thinking you'll cave that easily makes your bravado come out. "Screw you Pierce, I'm not telling you shit."

He leans forward and then raises his hand to your shoulder, his finger digging into your wound. You bite your lips and close your eyes at the pain, but don't give him the satisfaction of crying out in pain. "Oh. You'll tell me. Be it the easy way, or the hard way. No one is going to find you, especially not without those techie bracelets of yours. A gift from your lover no doubt..." Your eyes widen involuntarily at his words. "Oh yes. We've been keeping tabs on you my dear. Someone as important as you, with the knowledge you have... you didn't think we'd just forget about you, now did ya?" Before you can react, his hand comes down hard and slaps you across the face. "Now tell me."

You straighten your face and strengthen your resolve. "No." His hand comes down on you again, and this time you taste blood. "I'm the easy way. Talk now or the hard way won't be very pretty." You puff up, trying to make yourself seem impossibly bigger in your current position. "No."

Pierce backs away and straightens his sleeves. "Very well." Turning, he mentions to Rumlow as he passes. "She's all yours." The sick look on Rumlow's face makes you gulp, the bitter taste of blood mixing with your saliva. Rumlow approaches you and squats down to your level. "I'm going to make you wish you'd taken him up on his offer." It sends a chill down my spine, and I wonder if I've truly messed up and I'll die here.

Rumlow turns and gives orders to his men, some leave, some stay. But your eyes fall and stay on Bucky, and you silently pray and beg with all that's in you that he won't be the one to end you. Tony would never forgive that.

-.-

Rumlow starts off simple. He punches you in the gut, taking all the air out of your lungs in one swoop. It's not enough for him, the sick bastard, so he pushes your chair. You tumble down with the chair, landing on your injured shoulder. The pain shoots through you and you see stars, but they're cut short when he begins to kick you in the gut. Kick after kick, you feel as though you don't have the chance to catch your breath. When he finally let's up, you suck in as much air as you can. But a new pain blooms as he lifts you up by your hair, righting the chair and you up with the action. You can feel your scalp burn, and hair rip at the action. "Now tell me what we need to know." You couldn't speak even if you wanted to, but he doesn't like your silence and back hand's you forcefully. "This is nothing, bitch. You can either tell me what we need to know... or I'll make sure you never see the light of day again." You feel lightheaded, pain radiating everywhere, but you will yourself to look him dead in the eye. "Fuck you." The nasty smile on his face makes your heart beat faster as he grabs a baton from his belt.