Ch. 22

"Everyone is position?" Cap's voice comes clear through the comms. While everyone gives some sort of agreement, Tony is just highly annoyed. "Now why is it again that I'm sitting here? Can't we just find them before they even get here, and I can blast them to kingdom come?" Tony heard Steve groan over the comms. He effectively ignored Tony's statement. "All right, what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda calls back.

Tony zones out the mindless drivel, not really caring about learning how to be inconspicuous. Inconspicuous is not in his repertoire. He stands out in everything he does. He doesn't come back into the conversation until he realizes that shits about to go down.

"It's a battering ram." He hears Widow call out. Tony itches to call out the suit, "Now?" He asks, and Steve calls out. "Go now."

Tony calls his suit, and he can hear Cap giving out orders. Everyone starts reacting, running towards the Insitute for Infectious Disease. When he arrives, Tony can see everyone fighting. Tony assists Sam from his position on the roof, firing and attacking different mercenaries, taking them down one by one. "Eyes on Rumlow yet Cap?" Tony calls out, hoping for the chance to beat the living daylights out of the man.

"In pursuit!" Cap yells out. Both Sam and Tony look at each other, and efficiently take out the remaining soldiers. Launching themselves into the air. Tony scans the square, finding both Natasha and Steve handlining two different people. "Birdbrain, go help Widow. I got Cap." Tony doesn't stay to hear Sam complain about the nickname, his goal was yes to help Cap, but also to get a whack at Rumlow. When he gets there Tony sees Steve has Rumlow in his grasp. Tony touches down next to him, racing forward and peeling off his mask to see the man clear in the face. When he does, both Steve and Tony gasp in a collective shock.

"Not who you expected boys?" Jack Rollins smirks at them both, clearly expecting this reaction.

Tony sees red and gets into his space, Steve still confused grasping onto Rollin's fake Crossbones suit. "Where is he?!" Tony demands frustrated that Rumlow is not here.

Rollins grins mischievously. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Tony's anger snaps, his patience waning. He grabs the man from Steve's grasp and winds back, punching him hard in the face. "Where is he?!"

Even with blood coming out of his mouth, Rollins smiles before he speaks. "Where's your girl?" Tony's blood boils. "Leave her out of this! Where the hell is Rumlow?!"

Rollins starts to laugh, the blood running down his chin. "Wherever your girl is."

Tony drops his hand on Rollins, as if the man burned him, and stumbled a step back. Rollins falls on his ass, laughing the whole way. "You're too late Stark! I hope you said goodbye before you left!" Tony's goes to lunge at Rollins as Rollins shouts out and reaches for a button on the suit. "You're not gonna get the chance!" Tony's was immediately pulled back by Steve, not realizing that he was falling for Rollins trap. As planned Wanda was nearby and removed Rollins from the square, before the explosion created any damage. Thankfully she was able to hold on to her power well, and no further damage was caused. When the explosion faded, so did Wanda's power. Then she turned to Tony, "he wasn't lying."

Tony paled at Wanda's statement, immediately asking J to get a hold of Y/N. When he couldn't get her, or track her, Tony knew his worst nightmare had come true. Rumlow had the woman he loved in his grasp, again.

-.-

The pain hadn't stopped, but your cries had become softer, fatigue wearing you down. You didn't even care to recognize when the door opened and Rumlow stepped inside. "It's been sweet bitch, but our times up." You could care less to give him a reaction, at this moment you welcomed whatever Rumlow had in store for you.