Ch. 7

When you worked for Tony, you became used to the paparazzi following his every move. That was one thing, this, this was a whole different thing. The moment you exited Tony's sports car the paparazzi hounded you both, but still primarily focused on Tony. Once he came around the car and grabbed your hand, all hell broke loose. They screamed asking Tony who you were, what your name was, what had happened to his relationship with Pepper. It was overwhelming. You were glad that Tony had a strong hold on your hand as he pushed ahead of you and led you towards the restaurant he had reserved for your date. At one point you got shoved a bit by a paparazzi, Tony immediately pulled you into his arms and held you close as you finally made it past the threshold of the restaurant.

"You, okay?" You look up at him to see him taking stock of how you reacted to the whole ordeal. You settled your racing heart, high from adrenaline, and smiled up at him. "I guess this is going to be a thing, huh?"

He chuckled and continued to walk towards the lone set up table in the whole restaurant, still holding you close to his side. "Stick with me Sailor and you'll see just how interesting life can be."

"Anthony... why is the restaurant empty?" He finally lets you go to grab one of the chairs from the table and pull it back for you. You graciously take the seat offered to you but continue to wait for an answer as he himself situates himself on his chair. Again, you ask, "Anthony?" He dramatically flares his hand to his chest. "Anthony? Sweetheart you wound me. Is this our first argument?" You laugh a little at his show, then lift your eyebrows at him waiting. He smiles, a genuine heartwarming smile and then grabs hold of your hands from across the table. "I just wanted some alone time with you. Besides..." He brought his lips to the back of your hand and placed a soft, searing kiss. "This is nothing. You know I'm big on the extravagant gifts and such."

You laughed at that, knowing it was one hundred percent true; settling in and enjoying the moment. After wining and dining, with amazing conversation and laughs, at desert you mention a topic that has been itching in the back of your mind for quite some time. "Can I ask you something?"

"Hit me." He says as he pops a cherry from the shared desert into his mouth. "Pepper..." You cannot seem to find the right words to express yourself. He takes your hand for the umpteenth time tonight. "She has no hard feelings. I know you've been avoiding going back to work for SI, which is fine by me. I don't mind keeping you all to myself locked away like a princess in my tower. Holy shit you're Rapunzel!" He sidetracks his train of thought, and you squeeze his hand to bring him back. He smiles and continues, "What Pepper and I had, it wasn't working. For a while before you came around. I couldn't open myself up to her like I can to you. She saw that. She doesn't resent you or me for it. She's happy as CEO of SI and we keep a good working relationship. But this..." He squeezes your hand now for emphasis. "This is different. This is real. You literally carry a part of me in your heart. I couldn't escape my feeling for you, no matter how hard I tried. So I won't. You're stuck with me Rapunzel."

Leaning forward till you're a breath away from his lips, heart full, mind at ease, you whisper "I wouldn't have it any other way..."

He closes the small distance between you, your lips colliding for the first time. Everything in you lights up, every nerve in your body fires, the hair on your skin raises. Time stands still as you melt against him, your hands grabbing the hair on the back of his head, pulling him in further. He instinctually places one hand behind your head, another on your waist as he pulls you in, deepening the kiss. You gasp at the sensation of feeling his body so close to yours, and he takes the opportunity to ease his tongue into the kiss. The sensation is something else. You can taste the cherry he just ate and moan at the taste of what you can only describe as Tony. His hand on your waist drags up to your ribcage and you pull yourself back to breathe. You press your forehead on his and try to catch your breath and steady your racehorse heart.