Ch. 27

When you both returned to the kitchen, everyone had cleaned up and settled on the couches in the lounge area. Some had some drinks in hand, others a good book. Everything paused when the two of you entered the room, they were waiting expectantly for you to begin. Taking a seat on a lounge chair, you took a deep breath in, and recounted your time in Asgard. Once you finished, it was Sam who first spoke up. "So... you're a God?"

You smiled at him and shrugged as you said, "technically I'm above the Gods..."

Sam smirked, "of course you are. What was I thinking?"

"So how does this change things going forward?" Steve, ever the Captain and strategist, asked.

"It changes nothing. I'm still me... Verdandi is just a part of me now. But I've lived a life now. I'm still the girl who fell out of the sky." You say, hoping that this new information won't change the way your family treats you.

"You're still my Sailor. Just a bit more... that's all." Tony added, to which everyone nodded and agreed. Nothing would change. You smiled, glad to have their support and understanding. Deep down you knew you had the power to change fate's design, and you would fight tooth and nail to make sure everything worked in your favor.

As the team began to depart from the lounge area to their separate living quarters, you grabbed on to Steve's forearm and asked if he could stay behind for a minute. He nodded, taking a seat again. You gave Tony the okay to go ahead without you and waited till everyone else had gone. Then you turned to Steve. "I believe we were going to talk about Bucky before everything happened. I was wondering if now would be a good time."

You saw his face brighten, a sweet smile creep on his face. "You just got here doll; we can talk another time. I'm sure you'd want to rest and relax."

You shake your head, "I've rested plenty. If you're willing, I'd like to talk about bringing Bucky home."

His smile widened. "I'd like to bring Bucky home... I'd like that very much."

-.-

You walked into your room at the compound to find Tony waiting for you on a lounge chair by the fireplace. You saddled up next to him in the chair and stared in silence with him. Eventually, you broke the silence. "I want to help Steve bring Bucky to the compound, but I want to make sure you'll be alright with it."

You continued to watch the flames as they flickered and danced in the fireplace, letting the silence continue, waiting for Tony to answer back. When he did, his voice was low. "If he hadn't saved your life... I might have said no. But... I owe that man the chance to live his life freely. I could never repay what he did when he saved you. And while he killed my parents... I know it wasn't really him. So, I can't... I won't hold it against him." Tony turned to look at you, and you were surprised to see such peace in his face. "So, Sailor, you tell me how we do this, and I'll do it."

You reached out and grabbed his hand. "I'm so proud of you Tony." He brought your hands and kissed yours softly. You felt so much longing in his kiss, the touch of his lips on your hand sending shivers down your spine. When you met his gaze, you could see he felt the spark too. Without another word you both crashed into each other, lips dying to taste each other, hands needing to feel the other's skin. Any planning or talking about future endeavors are placed on the backburner. The longing and sheer need to feel each other taking center stage. Tony's strong arms grabbed at you, bringing you to straddle him so that hip lips could have better access to the column of your neck.

You melted into his touch, letting him mold you however he pleased. In the back of your mind, you realize how badly the two of you needed one another, to heal, to feel, to move forward. It wasn't long before you felt his strong hold on you as he lifted you both up and off the lounge chair. His grip and kisses never faltering as he led you towards the bed.