Chapter 7: This is a devastating mission

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

As I stood up, I saw Jaime fighting a large monster with orange hair and Karen battling a girl with a weird orange mohawk. I saw Icicle Jr. and the large lady walking towards me, both grinning. "So blondie, what's your name? What's your little gift?" The lady asked as she stopped to study me, probably noticing how short I was. I glared at her, clenched my fists.

"Chloe, you need to back down. Devastation is not someone you should mess with." I heard Karen say through the telepathic link. "What's taking you so long, blondie? Gone deaf?" Devastation asked, in a taunting tone, I clenched my fists harder. "My name is not blondie." I said, through clenched teeth. Devastation raised her eyebrow and smirked. "Well then what is it?" She asked.

I quickly looked around, and saw a nearby green box. It said something about general power, but what caught my eye was what was at the bottom. I stood up straighter, a smile appearing on my face. "Chloe." I heard Karen warn. I blasted a beam at Devastation, which knocked her back a bit, an angry look appearing on her face. Before she could register my neck movements, I flew up and kicked her in the gut, knocking her back a little more.

I heard footsteps behind me, but I turned too slowly, and Devastation punched me right in the face, sending me flying back. I quickly stood up and made a shield just as Devastation tried to punch me. She shook the pain out of her hand and continued to punch it. "You got an accent kid, where are you from?" She said, still punching. "Trust me, I don't think you wanna know." I said as I thought about what John had said about me. "Yeah, well to me, you're just another super brat." She said, still punching.

Good God, this lady had stamina. I dropped the shield, fired up another beam in my hand beam, and punched her in the gut again. I sensed Junior approaching from behind, and quickly formed another shield just as a ball of ice hit it. "How are you guys holding up?" Karen said through the link. "Just great. Mammoth's energy is starting to run low, but I still need some time. Chloe, or I mean Volt, how are you doing?" Jaime replied. "Fantastic. These two still have plenty of stamina to spare. Karen?" I said. "Shimmer's starting to wear down, I might be done in a bit also. We'll come to help once we're done." She replied.

I dropped the shield again and quickly punched Junior fist, then Devastation. Devastation quickly stood back up and swatted another punch, which I dodged. "You got strength, kid, I'll give you that. But I prefer Goldilocks over Volt." Devastation said as she grabbed my upcoming fist and and threw me over my shoulder. "Yeah, and I prefer a good win over a devastating loss." I said as I got up and attempted to kick her in the jaw, only for her to grab my ankle and throw me into the side of a building.

As I stood up, I felt a cold sensation on my ankles, and looked down to see Ice forming around my feet. "Not so fast are you now, Volt?" Junior said as Devastation punched me straight in the face, breaking the ice and sending me flying back. I clenched my fists again. No way I was going to lose to these... uh... bitches!

I flew up and let out the largest beams of light I had, then threw icicle shaped pieces of gold things that I could apparently produce, and let out more beams of light. Devastation dodged the first few, but Icicle didn't. He was sent straight back and landed hard. I trapped him and a gold bubble and watched him struggle to get out for a second before turning my attention to Devastation. She slowly got up, a smile still visibly on her face.

"You got guts blondie, I'll give you that. Haven't quite fought anyone like you in a while. Where are you from again.?" She asked as she sprinted towards me and threw a punch, and I quickly threw up a shield to defend myself. "Space." I simply replied as she threw another punch, to which ducked down and swept her legs, and she fell on her back. She let out a laugh and punched me square in the jaw, and I fell back.