Chapter Three

Washington DC
                      Present Day

  ( Texts )

Reed : You want to do what on Theo ?

Natalie Fisher : Dear Cousin Reed ! I want to do the most amazing brilliant sensational documentary about your adorable little husband. Especially about how he solved his father's murder. We are going to explore every aspect of the ultimate show down with Jasmina Raye. Please do talk him into it. It's only a grad school project for my filmmaking degree at Howard. It's perfect because my professor just loves Dancing Theo.

Reed : Nat , when you come visit us try not to mention that Dancing Theo thing. He doesn't like it. Oh and try not to call him adorable or little. Those are also sore topics.

Natalie: You guys are so cute. You have such a good positive strong aura. Both of you. Your adorable little husband is a old soul. He's been here many many times before. I loved your wedding too although I was just a kid. Well I didn't love when you got shot. That'd be a good documentary too. Hint hint.

Reed : Don't push your luck. We're only second cousins. Or is it third ? I'll talk to him about it. No promises.

Natalie: I'm not worried. Dancing Theo can never say no to you. It's that blacker the berry thing lol.

                     ----------

Lane : Theo ? Have you seen Charles? He's not answering his phone.

Theo : No. Not recently. That's not really unusual especially when he's wrapping up with a troublesome client. Which most of them are. Rich and demanding. It's like Diva versus Diva in that studio of his sometimes.

Lane: Maybe.

Theo : Are you ok? Lane?

Lane: Yes. No. I don't know.

Theo : Lane? What is it?

Lane: Wish I knew. Ever since I moved into his place he's been really distant. Distracted. I think I'm losing him already. I think he's having an affair.

Theo : Doubt that. He's really fallen for you. I've never seen him this crazy over any man and I've known him for too many years. Although in the past he never did relationships.

Lane : Maybe that's the problem.

                 ----------

Theo : Charles, where the hell are you?

Charles: In my studio of course. I had some design ideas hit me.

Theo : Pull the other leg. I'm standing outside your confounded studio right now. It's dark. Where are you? Lane's concerned.

Charles: He has no reason to be concerned. And you need to curb your nosiness. Where I am is none of your business.

                  ---------

Matt : Reed , can you come over and talk to my idiot husband for me? Maybe he'll listen to you. He certainly ain't listening to me.

Reed : Of course. Why ?

Matt : Because the stubborn doctor turned mayor can just barely stand up. He keeps saying he's fine. He's not fine. Damn him.

Reed : Theo just walked in. He can stay with the kids. I'll be right over. Hey. It'll be ok , Matthew.