Chapter Twenty Six

( Texts )

Natalie: Theo ? I was wondering if it was ok to have Door Dash bring in some Thai for the kids ? When are you and Reed getting home? Reed's not answering his cell. I love my little cousins but I have so much work to do on the film.

Theo : What do you mean Reed's not home? And not answering his phone? He should have been home long ago!

                     -----------

Theo : Reed ? Where are you? Are you ok , sweetie?

Theo : Reed ? Call me. I'm getting worried.

Theo : Reed ? If you are dead I will kill you. Call me. Please.

Reed Fisher's phone: Twelve missed calls. Twenty incoming messages. Ten voice mails.

Private number: Mr. Walton Fisher, are you missing anyone important?

Attached picture of Reed handcuffed to a rusty pipe in what looked like a basement. He was blindfolded with a bruised face and a bloodied lip.

Private Number: I want you and your little friend to stay away from the Rhodes sisters. I want you to shut up about your brother. Forget about Micah or you will be burying your husband. Give your word, Dancing Theo, and you can have him back. In one piece instead of several. Oh and no police. Not even Meg Rhodes. Not even that obnoxious lieutenant. None. Do I have your word ?

Theo : You have it ! Let my husband go ! Please.

Private Number: I love cooperative people. Makes life so much easier. Go home. Your husband will return later tonight. Don't break your word. You also have beautiful children that could disappear too.

Theo : Let him go. Or I will find you. I will kill you if you hurt him. I will kill you if you hurt my children.

Private Number: Now. Now. Threats are so common.

                   ----------

Theo : I need your help. Please.

Jacob Giadello: Again? I told you to stay out of trouble. What is it?