Chapter Twelve

The old man slept most of that Sunday. He even missed church and Sunday school. It seemed like he was sleeping more and more lately. Yet he woke up twice as tired. This time he woke up bound and determined to right a past wrong. He was determined to do what he should have done years ago. Reunite a family.

He called in a favor from his nephew who worked at that bougie private school the Academy. He worked in the main office as a secretary. That was where Theodore Walton Fisher worked as a teacher. In almost record time his barely used cell phone ( that his daughters had got him for some ungodly reason and he rarely used) made some awful noise and when he figured out how to check it he found a text message on it. A text message that had the cell phone and address of Theo. There was also a plea begging his uncle to never tell where he got this information. The boy didn't have to worry. Once he gave Theodore what he needed to give him he would never bother him again.

Because he would be free to die. Die in peace with at least one thing off his conscience. If only he could do the same for all the families.

" But maybe one will be enough," Maynard Rhodes sighed wistfully to himself. Now to figure out what to say. The landline rang again. He knew exactly who it was. Herself. Again. With her constant pleas and occasional threats. He answered and sure enough he was right.

" Keep your fool mouth shut. Last warning. You were well paid to do your job for us. Fuck your newfound conscience. "