Chapter Thirty One

The news that the long thought dead and buried Micah Michael Walton was really alive and well in Connecticut ( and controlling a prominent crime family although Jacob still claimed to be just a simple Armani wearing bean counter at the family construction and waste management company) had surged through the Walton family like a magnetic bolt of electricity. Theo himself was thrilled. He had always been fond of Jacob in grad school. There had always been a odd bond between them. He always chalked it up to his one sided crush but now he knew better.

Jacob was strangely excited to be part of the Walton family. His adoptive mother Carlotta had died of breast cancer a few years ago and his adoptive father Carlos had always been distant to him. He was making plans to go to Sweet Flower, Texas in the summer to meet his mother and sister. Cassandra was equally thrilled to have finally found her oldest son. Grace was still in a shock pattern over the new addition to the family tree and to lose her cherished status as oldest child. Theo and Reed and their kids were also planning to attend the Walton family reunion this summer along with their DC family.

As for Matt and Saint their marriage hit a few rollercoaster bumps with Saint's diagnosis of MS. For the most part they were riding it out the way they did everything. Together. Saint's pain and stiffness came and went every few months but had lessened a little now that he was on a proper medication routine. He was still determined to stay as mayor of the city as long as he could. He hadn't informed the public yet although his staff knew of the situation. His deputy mayor was working with him and his doctor to draft a statement to the public on his health. Also their foster son Kyle was starting to tolerate them better as parents. Their lawyer was actually working on finalizing Kyle's final adoption papers.

Charles and Lane made a big step towards reuniting. Charles had finally confessed to Lane ( and Theo) that he had been making regular trips to Howard County, Maryland because his wealthy reclusive grandfather Alistair was in an exclusive nursing home there. The elderly man had been diagnosed with a severe form of dementia and was prone to violent fits. Charles had kept it from Lane and even Theo because he knew both of them would want to visit with him. For his own emotional support. He didn't want them near his grandfather though. In a good time Alistair was vicious and cruel. In a bad time he was mean and dangerous. Even the nurses were not that equipped to handle his increasing rage. They had dodged many a cane , chair or walker thrown by him. Upon hearing that the cologne on his shirt was from his grandfather and that Charles was not cheating Lane had begged for his forgiveness. He had gotten it without hesitation. It didn't take long before Lane moved back into the condo. The next time Charles went to Howard County he went with Lane and Theo and Reed. Of course Theo had had to dodge both a thrown urinal and a cane.

Natalie's student documentary on Dancing Theo's mystery solving had gone very well. So well her professor had passed her with a big shiny A. She was so excited that she posted an Instagram and a YouTube video to give a public thank you to her cousin Reed and his " adorable little husband". The adorable little husband was debating taking her off their Christmas list.

Theo had texted Meg Rhodes two words : Thank you.

She texted back: If you really thank me then get another hobby. Bull fighting would fulfill your lust for danger.

          -------------

( Texts )

Natalie: REED !

Reed : Yes ?

Natalie: You'll never believe it! My documentary is in the Sundance Festival! And my professor forwarded it to a friend of his who works at HBO ! They love it! They love your cute little hubby so much they want to make a reality show! A reality show called The Trials and Tribulations of Dancing Theo ! Isn't that wonderful! We're all going to be famous!

Natalie: Reed? Cuz ?

Natalie: Reed ?

Author's Note: Reality show. Hmmm. Well stay tuned for the next installment Theo and Reed's Lesson Plans.