Chapter Twenty Four

" That  is very admirable of you, Teresa Sue," Priscilla clucked," but unfortunately, my dear child, you need to listen to your sister. What do you have to go on ? A very sad and tragic tale of woe from a strange man you don't even know? Who your sister, a policewoman, doesn't appear to trust? How do you know this person is telling the truth? "

Theo eyed the older woman with narrowed eyes. For some reason he didn't like her. Or trust her. She was annoying for one. And there was something else there that he could not put his finger on.

" If you don't trust my account then please check it out on Google. You'll find I'm telling the truth. My brother exists. "

Terri laughed heartily. " Oh , auntie, you can't be serious? You do know who this man is? Dancing Theo? From YouTube? I don't think he could lie to save his life! "

Rhodes snorted.

Matt looked everywhere but at Theo or Terri.

Theo suddenly wanted to disappear into a giant hole in the floor.

Rhodes looked like she was chewing on broken glass as she said," I suppose it won't hurt. Much. I know Daddy kept all types of boxes in his bedroom closet. Of the babies close to his heart. He never would let us see it. "

Priscilla tsk tsked. " I always cautioned your dear father that he was far too sentimental for his own good. Sentiment gets you nowhere in life. Pardon me. I must make a visit to the little girl's room. Old age and coffee do not mix , I'm afraid. "