Chapter Twenty Nine

That rainy night Harvey Young was the first to crack under the adept questioning of Juan Ramirez as Rhodes , Chief Danes and Theodore watched from the next room. He confessed everything from the illegal adoption agency to the kidnappings including that of Micah Michael Walton to having been the driver of the car that hit Maynard Rhodes. It wasn't him that kidnapped Reed Fisher though. That was their grandson Ralph. He blamed everything on his wife.

Priscilla Young refused to say a word except to her lawyer Lee Chung.

As they walked out of the room to meet Reed who was waiting on Theo Rhodes stopped suddenly and looked solemnly at the man beside her. She handed him the small folder. " I still think you are walking talking trouble," she murmured," and I still don't like you. But I'm sorry. Please forgive my father. "

Theo smiled at her. He fingered the folder. " The feeling is returned, Captain. I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for your loss. "

Rhodes shook her head and wiped a hand over her wet eyes. Then she headed for her office where Chief Danes waited for her.

Reed held Theo as he opened the folder and pulled out the photocopied birth certificate. His brother's new birth certificate.

Theo gasped in shock when he saw the baby's new name. His knees buckled. If it wasn't for Reed he would have fallen.

                    ----------

( Texts )

Theo: Jacob ?

Attached picture of a faded birth certificate.

Jacob: Theodore? What is this? Why do you have my birth certificate?

Theo : Because I don't need your help anymore. We found Micah. We found my brother.

Jacob: Theo ?

Theo : Good thing you dumped me before we had sex.

Jacob: ?

Theo : It's you. It's you , Jacob Giadello. You're Micah. MY brother.

         -------

Theo : Mother. He's alive. I wish Father was here for this. He's alive. He's in Connecticut and wants to meet you.

Cassandra: Who ?

Theo: Micah.

Cassandra: Oh my God. Oh my God.

Theo : Mother, I'm calling you now.

       --------

Theo : Grace, guess what, my dear sister? We have a brother. And he's the oldest by twenty minutes. And he likes me better than you.

Grace: Are you high , Theodore?