Chapter 17: Graduating can suck Nightwing, if you get my point

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"WHAT?!" Everyone exclaimed. "Yeah. We actually already rented a place already." Wally said as all our jaws dropped. "When would you leave?" I asked. They both looked at each other. "Probably in 2 days." Artemis said, causing all our jaws to drop. Dick sat back and put his face in his hands. "Look, as much as we love being heroes, we really want to have a normal life. We'll be here if you ever need us, but we really want to go to college, settle down, maybe have kids..." Artemis trailed off as she turned her attention to Dick, Wally nodding in agreement.

I took a deep sigh. "You know what, let's call it a night. This is... all a lot to process right now." Dick said as he stood up, everyone slowly nodding in agreement. Within the next 15 minutes, everyone had gone home or to their rooms. I sat in my room, staring at my leg, when there was a knock on my door. I opened it to see Jaime. Before he could say anything, I wrapped him into a hug and broke down crying.

"I'm so so sorry. I should've told you." I said as I cried into his shoulder. "Hey, hey, mi amore, it's okay." He said as he gently led me to my bed and layed down next to me. He pulled me close to his chest and held me as I cried. After a few minutes, I stopped and looked up at him. "You aren't breaking up with me right?" I asked, and he shook his head 'no' as he smiled.

"I just wanted to let you know that you can trust me, okay?" He said as he lifted my chin up so I could look him in the eyes. I smiled when I saw his beautiful brown eyes. "Of course I trust you. Why wouldn't I?" I said as I kissed him on the cheek. "Good. I don't want to lose you." I said as I put my head on his shoulder. "Well, I don't want to lose you either, so what are we gonna do about this?" He asked as he gestured to my arms and legs.

I let out a deep sigh. "I have no idea. But I'll find something." I said as I looked up and smiled at him. He gave me a small smile back, and kissed me on the forehead. "I don't know what I'd do without you." He said as he wrapped arm around me. "I guess you could say I quite literally feel into your life, right? Get it? Because I feel?" I said as I laughed at my own joke, making him roll his eyes, but smile too.

"You looked like Mary Poppins. You know, I was the one who realized you were falling from the sky. No one else was looking at the sensors and cameras but me." He said proudly, and I smiled. "Thank you for looking. Otherwise, I would've been wandering around blasting everything. It would've been crazy, but really funny." I said as I smiled.

"Y'know, my mom wants to meet you. She's proud that I finally got a girlfriend." He said, and I let out a dramatic gasp. "She doubted you? Really. But of course, I would love to meet her. I'm sure my mom would've loved to meet you too." I said as I leaned more into his shoulder. I could feel him smiling. Then there was a pounding on the wall next to us. "Guys, these walls are surprisingly thin! I can hear everything you're saying!" Gar said, and we both laughed.

"No, I'm serious! Go to bed! You guys are grossss!" Gar complained, causing us to laugh. I looked at Jaime and smiled. "Goodnight, I love you." I said as I kissed him on the cheek one last time. "I love you, mi amore, goodnight." He said as he kissed me back on the forehead. I put my head on his shoulder, and drifted off to sleep.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

The next morning, I woke up in my head in Jaime's lap, a blanket covering each of us. I quietly got up, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and headed downstairs. Today was Wally and Artemis' graduation. I decided I was going to make pancakes and bacon. I hoped I could cook. No one was up yet, so it was perfect. I got to work mixing the batter. I had to make at least 100, right? I wasn't very good at math. Just as I was turning around to flip the pancakes, my eye caught something green sitting on one of the kitchen stools.

I immediately jumped back, only to realize it was the new guy, La'gaan. I took a deep breath, and he crossed his arms, smiling. "Sorry I scared you. I could smell the food from my room." He said as he looked over my shoulder to see the pancakes being cooked. "New guy, La'gaanright?" I said as he nodded. "Cool, okay. Here, try one." I said as I threw him a pancake. He ate it all in one bite. "Is it... good?" I asked, he nodded. "5/10." He said, and I frowned. I was going for an 8.

I continued cooking, and he just sat there. Watching. I tried my best not to find it creepy. Finally, M'gann and Gar woke up. Thank God. "Good morning." I said as they both walked in. "Is that bacon?" Gar exclaimed as he ran over. "Yup, here." I said as I handed him a plate of bacon and pancakes. He immediately dove in. I turned to M'gann and La'gaan. The Ganns. "You guys want some?" I asked, and they both nodded.

I finally made enough so I could sit down and eat my own food. It was a 10/10, something must be wrong with La'gaan. After an hour and a half, everyone was here, minus Artemis and Wally, who were getting ready. Once everyone had eaten, all the girls went to get dressed, while the boys did the same. We all threw on some makeup, did braids for each other, that sort of stuff. I assume the boys just threw on clothes and they were done. "Clo, what are you gonna do about the cracks?" Karen asked and I looked down. Both my arms and chest were covered, and my left leg had cracks up till my knee, while my right leg had cracks up to my ankle.

"Okay, uh, I got this." I said and I put both my hands to my chest and concentrated. A faint glow came from my hands as the cracks began to disappear. I waited a minute until they were fully gone. "Aren't you not supposed to do that?" Cassie asked. "Meh, this is the last time I'm doing it." I said as I waved my hand. All the girls sighed and threw comments of concern at me, which I ignored.

An hour later, we were all at the graduation ceremony. I sat in between Jaime and Gar as I watched Wally and Artemis throw their caps up. I kept watching as Wally planted a kiss on Artemis' cheek, making her laugh and smile. I sighed as I leaned my head on Jaime's shoulder. "You okay?" He asked as he turned to look at me. "Yeah, just tired. I did wake up early to make you guys an amazing breakfast." I said. "It was delicious. Thank you." He said. "It was, like, actually really good. Can you do that all the time?" Gar asked.

"And wake up at 5 A.M.? No thanks." I said as I watched the graduates. That night we partied hard. I knew the next morning, Artemis and Wally would be packing up, and then leaving that afternoon. I was so not ready to lose either of my best friends, but I knew it was what they wanted to do. Besides, when Artemis gets her doctorate degree, I'm going to be first in line.