•Perfectionist : Lucifer 💙

Fluff

Perfectionist; a person who refuses to accept any standard short of perfection.
_______________

You had always been a perfectionist when it pretty much came to anything, yet ever since arriving in the Devildom, your need to perfect things were even greater than before. Everyday after school, you'd go to your room without really talking to anyone and study. This went on until dinner time which was usually three hours from the time, so you studied for three hours straight and dinner time was a break.

After dinner, you'd go straight to your room to continue studying and only when Lucifer came round to check your room about two hours later. That was usually your cut off stage and you went to bed right away. This went on for a while and you did it so often, that the routine stuck with you. Eventually, all your days of hard work caught up to you, so you had fallen asleep early one night without even studying. Once you woke up the next morning, the thought of failure forced it's way into your head.

That's when you promised yourself that you would never take such a long break again, for everyone in the Devildom was going to look down on you - well, that's what you thought. So, in your attempt to fix what you had lost, you studied harder than before. You didn't want any distractions keeping you away from what was truly important, subconsciously pushing everyone away from you.

"Yo, MC, I wanna show you something." Mammon said, yet you turned him down.

"MC, do you want to play this new video game with me?...I-I mean you don't have to." Levi asked and since he said you didn't have to, you didn't.

"Hey MC, have you read that book I recommended?" Satan asked, just getting a fast 'no' from you.

"Your skin will look so much better with this, MC." Asmo stated while he held up a bottle of cream, your eyes rolling to the side.

"Make me something, MC." Beel said, not even bothering to ask, so you didn't bother replying.

"MC, won't you nap with me?" Belphie asked, but you shook your head and walked away.

It had been days and all the brothers were getting tired of making an effort to talk to you since you weren't reciprocating. You didn't even notice their lack of communication towards you though, for you were way too focused on your textbooks in front of you. You placed your earphones in which helped to cancel out any noise and started studying as always, making notes on everything. You tested yourself twice already but it wasn't good enough.

With a sigh, you continued and the stress got to you. "I'm going to fail." You said to yourself as you stared down hard at the pages in front of you. For some reason it was like the information wasn't getting through to you and it made you become extremely anxious.

If you didn't figure it out, you knew just how upset you'd be with yourself. Feeling all the stress setting onto your tired shoulders, tears welled up in your eyes as you sat on your bed with the endless amounts of work right underneath you.

It was dinner time already and everyone was at the table, expect for you.

"Where's MC?" Lucifer asked no one in particular after waiting for almost ten minutes.

It was quiet in the room until Lucifer let out a sigh, standing up to fetch you. On the way to your room, he hadn't recalled the last time he saw you other than eating meals at the table. Yet now, you weren't even at the table which made him worry and with all of his brothers keeping their silence, it was easy to see that something clearly went wrong. He just wasn't sure what.
He knocked on your door - no reply.

He knocked again a bit louder, "MC, open the door." He said, yet nothing again. He got out a spare key and unlocked the door, "I'm coming in." He stated before stepping inside your rather messy room.

There were crumpled papers thrown across your room, about 5 glasses of water filled halfway placed onto your desk seemingly having been there for a long time. Then his eyes met with your back.

He knitted his eyebrows together and walked towards you, placing his hand onto your shoulder. You tensed up and looked back at Lucifer through your watery eyes. If he wasn't worried before he was definitely worried now. He sat down next to you after moving some of the textbooks and notes you had made while you let out sobs.

"MC, what's been going on?" Lucifer asked, placing his hand steadily onto your back while you took your earphones out of your ears.

You sniffled and shook your head, "I just can't seem to do anything right. I'm so dumb, I can't figure it out. I'm going to end up failing because my head isn't working anymore." You cried before placing your face into your hands.

Lucifer rubbed your back in comfort while you cried, not knowing what else to do, "MC, you're not dumb. I've seen your scores and you're far from failing." He said, trying to make you feel better, but he didn't understand.

I wasn't easy being a perfectionist in a world where most things are flawed and now you yourself felt like the biggest flaw.

"I'm a perfectionist, Lucifer. That's why my marks are so good, but now that I'm like this, it's not going to be good." You said.

He nodded his head, understanding a bit what you were going through and pulled you into his chest while he rubbed your arm, "You've been over working yourself to the point where you're crying over some silly math equations." He said.

You bit your lip, feeling ashamed by your actions, but Lucifer still held you close to him.

"I know it's hard for you because you have a constant need to improve every little thing, but there comes a time where you have to breathe." He let out a sigh, "MC, I - we care about you a lot. If something had to happen to you, we wouldn't know what to do. Don't be so hard on yourself, do you understand?" He asked, yet it didn't exactly sound like a question.

Without saying anything more , Lucifer let go of you and bent down in front of you.
His hands gently held onto your knees, "I'll always be here to stop you from working yourself into a coma." He said, a small smile on his lips.

You sniffled once more and wiped away your tears, letting out a chuckle, "You're a hypocrite." You said.

Lucifer chuckled along with you, "I guess I need someone to let me know when to take a break as well." He said and slowly leaned towards you.

He placed a soft kiss onto your forehead after brushing back your hair, "Now, let's go eat, shall we?" He said and got up.

He wrapped his hand around yours in a swift motion, "Okay." You said and walked out of your room, stepping on the crumpled papers with a tired smile on your face.