•Tough : Diavolo 🖤

Angst/Fluff

Trigger warning: Brief mention of bullying and SA

Tough; able to endure hardship or pain.
_______________

"It's about MC.." Mammon trailed off.

"What happened?" Lucifer asked and knitted his eyebrows together.

"Well," Mammon scratched the back of his head, "They got into a fight."

Lucifer remained silent.

"Another one?" Diavolo asked and furrowed his eyebrows.

You were sitting in the sick room with your right cheek bruised, and the corner of your lip swollen. You pressed a damp cloth to your cheek and winced at the pain. Suddenly the sick rooms door opened, Lucifer as well as Diavolo stepping inside the room. Lucifer had his eyebrows knitted and arms folded while Diavolo wore an expression which you couldn't read - that was the most worrying one.

After the door closed, Lucifer clenched his jaw, "Do you have a death wish?" He asked and glared at you. You looked down into your lap. "If you want to fight, I suggest doing it elsewhere. We don't condone behaviour like this at the school." He said and walked towards you while Diavolo stood behind. "This isn't a joke, MC." Lucifer said once his feet were right in front of you.

You clenched your jaw and glared up at him, "I don't see it as a joke, maybe you should stop lecturing me and leave me alone." You said before you looked away from him.

He scoffed, "That's no way to speak to me." He took hold of your chin and tilted your head to face him. "You're really playing with fire here, MC. I sincerely hope you know when to give up." He said, roughly letting your chin go.

Lucifer walked out of the room after huffing out a sigh. Your gaze naturally moved towards Diavolo. He was still unreadable, and it scared you. He had remained quiet for too long.

Diavolo exhaled, "This is the third time you've landed in here." He brushed his fingers through his hair, "I expect you to understand that starting the fights is not the right thing to do. For now, you've been suspended." Diavolo met with your eyes and dropped his hand from his hair before he shook his head, "Next time you step into this school, you'll see to it that you behave." He said softly.

All you could do was nod before he walked away. You clenched your jaw as tears threatened to fall from your eyes. It seemed like everyone was always angry with you and with Lucifer giving you constant lectures, that was just headache inducing. By this point, tears had slid down your cheeks and onto your lap. They stung the bruise under your eye which indicated that perhaps it was more than just a bruise. Your sat there for a few minutes to stop yourself from crying any further.

Being suspended for a week was the worst. Every time the brothers came back from school, they'd be shocked that you were at the house as if they'd forgotten that you were in fact suspended. It sure was tiring having to keep up with schoolwork while not even at school, so you found yourself getting lost most of the time in what exactly you were meant to do.

Yet, it wasn't as tiring as Lucifer. He completely ignored your existence most of the time and even though you seemed relatively fine with it, it deeply hurt you. Even Mammon had started to ignore you. Two out of the seven brothers seemed to completely hate you now and you weren't sure how Diavolo felt at this point. Probably a lot of disappointment. Maybe everyone was disappointed in me, you thought.

So, when you finally went back to school, you hoped that you didn't have to deal with Lucifer anymore. You were in fact very wrong because during break you were called to sit with him in his office to do work. "It's all part of the punishment, MC. It's your own fault that your breaks have been taken away." He commented.