•Noob : Leviathan 🧡

Fluff

Noob; a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the Internet. 

_______________

You had promised Levi that you would play video games with him and even decided to brag about having a few high scores in the games he played, yet everything you bragged about was a giant lie. You didn't know the first thing about video games or what a controller even looked like, for you weren't really into video games. You were indifferent towards it - until you met Levi who had been talking nonstop about who knows what.

Even though you felt kind of bad for lying about being good at video games, hopefully it was justifiable since your reason being was only to get closer to him. Well, that was your way of dealing with the guilt of not telling him you absolutely sucked at gaming. You always ended up shooting down when he wanted to play with you, and it wasn't surprising that he started getting suspicious. Yet, he didn't feel the need to question you about it.

Until the day came when there was a competition and he had signed you up without telling you. Let's just say you found the news to troubling once he told you that you had made it in. Still deciding not to tell Levi that you were by far the worst gamers in history, you begun to sneak into his room when he was gone which honestly wasn't really a lot, but it gave you enough time to switch on his console and figure out a few controls.

The next time, you had enough time to actually play a game for a good five minutes before you heard Levi walking towards his room, his feet distinctly moving in a way you knew very well. You quickly turned off the console and hid under his bed. He opened his door and huffed, sitting down on his bed before switching on his console.

"Why is it still warm?" He asked himself.

You closed your eyes and realised how dumb you had been. You were under his bed for about ten minutes before he got so focused on his game that he didn't notice you had just crawled out from under his bed and out the door. That didn't stop him from noticing the familiar sound of the door closing.

Levi looked at the door with narrowed eyes and stood up to walk outside. He caught a glimpse of you when you had walked around the corner. He knitted his eyebrows together before closing his door once again, his head not wrapping around the situation. He shrugged and carried on playing until dinner was ready and left his game paused, a bit upset that he couldn't save his game in the specific moment.

Once at the table, everyone ate and for some reason you seemed to be in a rush, leaving the table once your food was finished. Yet, Levi didn't think about it much and continued eating.

You un-paused Leviathans game and carried on playing from where he was. You were winning and all the options you chose were really good until you came to the last one. It was just a simple 'yes' or 'no' question, but you knew that there was only one right answer. After thinking about it for a while, you choose the answer 'yes'.

Suddenly the door swung open, revealing a very upset Levi, panting while he watched you playing his game, "What are you doing?!" He shouted and ran towards you.

You scurried away from the console. Your option loaded into the game and an unhappy ending played on the screen while Levi stood motionless, watching as the scene unfolded.

"You-You ruined it." He stated while you got up to leave his room.

You swallowed the lump in your throat and looked back at him, your heart racing.

"MC, why have you been sneaking into my room for the last few days?" He asked, clenching his jaw while his eyes were still on the screen. When you didn't say anything, he looked at you and balled his fists. "MC?!" He shouted. You immediately fell to the floor dramatically, looking up at Levi with your eyebrows furrowed as his eyes widened.

You sighed with a pout, "I was only trying to get better at gaming because, well, I lied to you. I'm not a gamer and I suck. I'm such a noob." You explained before you hid your head away from his gaze. You heard him shuffle around his room for a while before you decided to look up again, seeing Levi sitting on the floor with a pillow next to him. He had changed the game.

He pet the pillow next to him, "Let's play." He spoke.

You hesitantly crawled over to him and sit down on the pillow before he hands you a second controller. "But..."

"Just do it." He said. He started the game and two played for a while before he paused the game and looked at you, "You're right, you do suck." He commented.

You look down and bit your lip. "

Levi cleared his throat, "But you're not the worst gamer ever." He said, making you look up at him with wide eyes. "Why didn't you just tell me the truth?" He asked.

"Well because it's not like you were going to hang out with me otherwise." You said, fidgeting with the controller. He kept quiet and blushed a deep red, nodding a bit at your explanation.

Then after a few seconds his laugher filled the room. "I know, I'll just have to teach you!" He shouted, smiling at you. You smiled as well and right after, you continued to play while he pointed out your mistakes. He made sure to let you know what to do. It was really fun gaming with him for once because you saw how happy it made him. Not only that, but he was teaching you all about gaming and it made you realise just how great it was.

After you had been playing for almost two hours straight, you took a break, and you took that time to apologise to him.

"Levi, I'm sorry that I snuck into your room and that I lied to you and playing your game which I lost. I'm really sorry." You said.

Levi laughed, "It's okay. You'll just have to win the game for me in the competition." He stated with a grin.

You smiled at first before you realised what he meant and then stood up, your palms feeling sweaty, "No, Levi. I'm not that good, I'll lose!" You shouted.

"Not with me as a teacher you won't." He said and grabbed your hand. He pulled you onto his lap, "Get ready for the hard lesson, okay?" He said before he gave you your controller.

You weren't getting away from playing in that competition, but you were happy that Levi had somewhat forgiven you over your actions. He promised he would hang out with you despite the fact that you weren't good at gaming, as long as you won against him at least once. Sadly, you never won, but that was Levi's plan all along.