𝟎𝟎𝟑

Lying

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

White tabi socks padded on the flooring as I made my way through the Butterfly Estate. I can sense that my children have not led the happiest of lives. Pain and suffering taint their poor souls. And it is all because of that man... That monster Kibutsuji. I furrowed my brows, feeling troubled.

"Are you alright, Your Grace?"

Before even turning around, I knew it was the Insect Hashira who was behind me. There was no mistaking that fake honeyed voice. I gazed into her blank eyes and tilted my head.

"I am fine, thank you..." I murmured, studying her, "You are angry, Shinobu. What troubles you?"

She gasped, her eyes widening slightly. Her pink lips pursed, her gaze now downcast.

"You do not have to answer if you do not wish to. But just know that I will always be here for you. You can tell me your challenges, and I will endure them all for you."

I smiled softly and turned back around to leave the estate. As I did, I noticed the Mist Hashira walking to the estate. Though his loose sleeves covered most of it, I could see a fiery rash discoloring his skin.

"Your Grace..." he said, his voice making him seem like he wasn't all there.

"What happened to your hand, Muichiro?" I asked, taking it in mine.

"Accident with poisonous flower..."

He was lying. The rash was caused by a poisonous flower, but it was not an accident. I said nothing of it, though, and rubbed my index finger on the rash.

He winced ever so slightly, but then his eyes softened. The redness faded away in a matter of seconds.

"There. Good as new," I said, letting go of his hand.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

The man stood over the young boy, his wide eyes covered by his Tengu mask. He kneeled down, hovering over his panting form, and stroked his hair. There was something about him... Something otherworldly.

"You... She has given you Her blessing..." He held up the boy's bruised and scratched face. "Kamado Tanjiro... I accept you as my student."

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Muichiro purposefully gave himself a rash so Y/N could heal him.
❥ Shinobu felt like crying after what Y/N said.
❥ I'm gonna cry, these chapters are so bad and I've only just started 😭 I planned these out, but they aren't as good because they're not really going by the manga yet.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════