𝟎𝟏𝟕

Proud

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        "You really shouldn't push yourself so much, Tanjiro," I said, holding his arm to keep him upright.

"No... I have to find out..." He panted, nearly collapsing.

"Kyojuro."

"Yes, Your Grace!"

Kyojuro held Tanjiro's other arm to keep him from falling. Kyojuro was leading us to his home because Tanjiro wanted to look at something that would help him find out about 'Hinokami Kagura,' a move that he used to help him when he battled the spider demon on Mount Natagumo. Kyojuro healed before Tanjiro, being relatively unscathed except for the eye that the demon punched out. Tanjiro, however, hadn't healed fully, but he was still pushing himself so hard.

As they walked, a building came into view along with a boy. He was small and looked like a child version of Kyojuro.

"Ah, Senjuro!" Kyojuro shouted.

The boy looked over, and his eyes lit up.

"Nii-chan!" He yelped, dropping the broom in his hands and running over to Kyojuro's side.

He latched onto him, his eyes welling up with tears.

"I was so worried! I thought you wouldn't survive! Nii-chan!"

Kyojuro laughed and pat Senjuro's hair.

"Tanjiro, Your Grace, this is my little brother, Senjuro!"

Senjuro glanced at Tanjiro, and then me, and his eyes widened.

"Y-Your Grace?! You're acquainted with Her Grace?!"

Senjuro scrambled for words, and I laughed and pat his shoulder.

"Please, don't be so flustered, my child," I said, "We are here for something. What was it again?"

My train of thoughts were interrupted by a booming, slightly slurred voice.

"The hell're you doin' here, Kyojuro?!" A man who looked like an older version of Kyojuro, permsumebly his father, walked outside with a jug of sake in his hand. "You come to tell me that you fought an Uppermoon?! Well, I don't care! Something like that is stupid and useless! You're stupid and useless!"

Kyojuro's smile faded, and he looked down, seeming a bit dejected. I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes at the man.

"Who do you think you are?" I said sharply, "I'll have you know, Kyojuro is a very talented Hashira who's lucky to have his life. You should be proud to have such an amazing son."

He looked at me and tsked, pushing past us. I glanced back at Kyojuro, giving him a sympathetic smile.

"Kyojuro?"

He looked at me, his one eye wide in awe. His smile returned, more happy than ever.

"You really think that of me, Your Grace...?"

"Of course I do, Kyojuro."

His face flushed, and he looked forward.

"Alright then! Let's go inside!"

The inside of their home was quite nice. I didn't question Kyojuro's relationship with his father and simply sat and sipped on some tea. Tanjiro looked a bit lightheaded but more alert. Senjuro went to grab a book that said '21st Flame Hashira.'

"I think this is what you're looking for," he said, handing it to Tanjiro.

All four of us watched him open it, but on the inside... All of the pages were ripped up. Tanjiro decided that he would just train harder while Senjuro said that he would try to repair the book. Kyojuro stayed home, so I walked with Tanjiro back to the Butterfly Estate. He looked at me. It seemed like he wanted to say something, but he didn't.

"Are you alright, Tanjiro?" I asked.

"Yes... Yes, I'm fine..." He murmured.

Our peaceful walk was interrupted when a man with a hyotto mask appeared, brandishing four knives. Tanjiro spent his entire evening and most of the night hiding up in a tree from the man while I watched from the sidelines. I suppose this means that our day ended off on a happy note? I can't tell, exactly.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        Four months passed since the encounter with Uppermoon Three. The boys have been training so hard! I'm very proud of them.

As I sat in the courtyard, allowing a butterfly to rest on my finger, I heard frightened shouting coming from the entrance. From Aoi. She seemed to be in distress.

I stood and quickly made my way to the entrance. What I saw was completely unexpected. Tengen was holding Aoi over his shoulder while Naho was under his arm.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Y/N didn't help Tanjiro because she found the man entertaining. Tanjiro felt betrayed (not really).

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════