𝟎𝟐𝟗

Hakuji

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        The sound of a biwa separated us. The Demon Slayers are in the building. The games begin.

I was transported into a room with no doors. Did that biwa demon really think she could contain me? Not on my own, no.

I walked over to one of the walls and promptly knocked it down. It was quite strong, but not strong enough. I began to wander through the halls, waiting to run into someone.

I slid open one of the doors and gasped when I saw what was inside. Doums was further away, his back facing me while Shinobu was doubled over, a deep wound in her chest and blood dripping from her mouth. I ran over to her and kneeled to her side.

"Shinobu..." I uttered, looking at her with concern.

She looked up at me with wide, tearful eyes. Those beautiful purple eyes of her.

"Your Grace... I'm sorry... I couldn't do more for you..." she murmured.

"Don't say that... Please, don't say that..."

"... Please... Don't try to help me... This is the least I can do... Please..."

I looked at her silently before furrowing my brows and nodding. She doesn't want to be saved. Douma turned and looked at me.

"Ah! Your Grace! How nice of you to join us!" He laughed, his rainbow eyes turning to look at Shinobu.

She stood on shaky feet and, seeming to have gotten some hidden strength, unleashed a swift attack, so swift that it surprised Douma. She nailed him to the ceiling with her sword, but he wrapped his arms around her to keep her body pinned to his.

The last words I heard her say were, "Go to hell!"

She hand went limp, dropping her sword to the ground. Shinobu was dead. My eyes slowly welled up with tears. My sweet child... May she rest in peace with her parents and elder sister.

The door burst open behind me, and I saw Kanao. She wasn't wearing her cloak, and she was showing more emotion than ever. She yelped when she saw Douma holding Shinobu. She tried to attack him, but Douma dodged with ease. I felt bile bubble up in my stomach as I saw Shinobu's body slowly absorb into his.

As she disappeared into him, he grabbed her butterfly clip and licked a small speck of blood off of it.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        "Akaza..."

"Akaza...!"

"... Hakuji...?"

"Huh?"

Akaza's body turned in the direction of Her voice. Though his head was gone, he could see who it was. Her Grace. She was so tall. Her true form. As his body leaned up, he could see Her radiant smile.

"No... Your name isn't Akaza... It's Hakuji," She said, reaching down to touch his cheek with Her finger, "Hakuji... It's time you stopped. Think about your father. Keizou. Koyuki."

Koyuki... Koyuki... He knew that name... But his memories of her were blurred.

"Hakuji... You deserve some much-needed rest."

His head slowly grew back. His gaze turned to behind him, where Kibutsuji stood. But he wasn't afraid. Not anymore. He looked back up at Her Grace. She continued to smile. And that smile was enough for him to finally relax.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ It's up to y'all whether you want Koyuki to be a romantic or platonic relation to Akaza.
❥ A lot of the deaths that are going to happen in the next few chapters are going to be seen as sacrifices.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════