𝟎𝟎𝟔

Mistake

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        I hummed and tilted my head as I sat next to the Stone Pillar, watching as Shinazugawa Genya trained. He wasn't using any Breathing Styles, which was greatly confusing me.

"Do you wish for Genya to be your Tsuguko?" I asked him.

"That is what I wanted him to be..." Gyomei started, "However, he is unable to use any Breathing Styles, so I instead train him in other techniques."

"Doesn't he have a brother? Shouldn't he be training him."

Gyomei hesitated for a split second, his large hands pressing together tightly.

"They are not close. I watch over Genya."

Genya, when finished, walked over, panting heavily. He sat next to Gyomei and wiped his brow.

"Why are you and your brother not close, Genya?" I asked him.

He looked at me with a surprised look. He then looked at the ground, seemingly nervous to respond.

"It is alright. I will speak to Sanemi for you."

I stood, said a farewell, and walked off to the estate of the Wind Hashira. I made my way to the back, where it was a bit windy, meaning that Sanemi must be training there.

"Sanemi!" I called out to him.

The wind immediately stopped, making it clearer. Pieces of wood came into view, some split in half while others completely mutilated. In the middle of it all, Sanemi stood, looking at me with permanently wide eyes.

"Your Grace..." He murmured, dropping on one knee.

I laughed and tapped his shoulder.

"Please, stand, my child. I have something I wish to ask."

He stood again, his face now showing a look of confusion.

"Why are you and your brother not close?"

His breath caught, and his fists clenched. He looked away, not meeting my gaze any longer.

"I don't have a brother," he huffed.

"Oh, but you do. Why do you deny him?"

He shook his head, still not meeting my gaze.

"I will ask again. Why do you deny your own brother?"

"That... mistake. He-"

"The only mistakes in this world are demons, for I did not create them, so do not call Genya such a name."

He growled lowly and shook his head again.

"I don't want to talk about it... Not now."

"That is alright. But please, think about it. Your enemy are the demons, not your family. Please try to make amends. I can tell he loves you so very much."

With that, I left his property. He seemed as if he wanted to say something back, but he didn't, instead going back to his training.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        "It's all Her fault, I tell you! All of it! She's the reason why nobody loves me!" shouted Zenitsu as he walked alongside Tanjiro.

Tanjiro considered him for a moment, his eyes narrowed in disdain.

"Don't speak of Her Grace in such a manner!" He shouted, slapping his arm in an uncharacteristic bout of violence.

Zenitsu cried and held his arm. He looked at the ground, sniffling back his runny nose.

"I-I know I shouldn't... I just... So many bad things have happened... I have no one else to blame..."

"You have no one to blame but yourself."

Zenitsu looked at him like he struck a chord but nodded all the same.

"Yeah, you're probably right..."

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Whenever something goes wrong in his life, Zenitsu blames Y/N and feels bad immediately after.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ═════