𝟎𝟎𝟒

Wonder

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

"Your Grace!" called out a boisterous voice that I could recognize from anywhere.

I sat on a bench, watching the clouds, making them form into different shapes for entertainment. With a glance behind me, I saw the Flame Hashira and the Sound Hashira Rengoku Kyojuro and Uzui Tengen.

"My children," I said softly, patting the spots next to me, "Come sit. The clouds are beautiful today."

As I said that, I made one of them in the shape of a Spider Lily, similar to the red ones patterned on my kimono.

They both, with great enthusiasm, sat on either side of me. Tengen was just as loud as ever, but Kyojuro, uncharacteristically, was a bit shyer than him. The reason as to why was unclear to me, as he is usually very energetic, but I did not question it.

"Your Grace, if I may ask, why did you come here?" Tengen asked, to which I smiled.

"I am waiting for two people. They will be here in the near future, and you will meet them. When you do, do not be cruel, for you will see them in a bad light at first," I replied.

He seemed a bit confused, but he nodded. Kyojuro's gaze on me was intense, so much so that I could feel it weighing down on me.

"Is there something on your mind, Kyojuro?"

He grunted quietly and looked away, his face reddening.

"No, Your Grace...! I am just happy that you have finally shown your face after so many years!"

Though I knew there was more to it, I accepted his answer and went back to cloudgazing. I was comfortable, though I could imagine that they felt awkward in the silence.

"You know, Your Grace, my wives would love to meet you!" Tengen brought up, breaking the quiet.

I considered what he said, but before I said anything, Tengen stood and pulled me up.

"Uzui! You can't just grab Her Grace like that!" Kyojuro started, but I waved him off.

"It is alright. I do not mind. Come with us, won't you, Kyojuro?" I said sweetly.

His face flared up once more, and he nodded, following us to Tengen's estate.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

Kibutsuji looked down at the boy with wide eyes. It took everything in him not to smash that stupid head of his open and let his brains spill out. His Deity... The love of his life... Blessed this pathetic boy? He loved Her with all of his hearts, but he couldn't help but wonder... Just what was going through that mind of Hers?

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Y/N is kinda (very) dense when it comes to romance and the sort.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════