𝟎𝟑𝟎

Poison

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

I see, now, why Shinobu did not want to be saved. Douma's movements, though it was barely noticeable, slowly weakened. Even more so when Inosuke entered the battle. I held him off from killing him and Kanao.

And then the poison started to kick in.

Shinobu's body was filled with thirty-seven kilograms of wisteria poison - seventy-times more potent than the poison that she would mix in her scabbard. It was enough to kill Uppermoon Two. He just needed to be held off until it took effect.

Now, he was doubled over, his face taking a purple. It was as if his face was melting, with one side slowly dripping and an eyeball hanging out. I walked over to him and knelt down. One of his eyes looked up at me.

"Douma..." I uttered, grabbing him by his hair. My grip was harsh at first, but then it slowly softened. "Nothing will defend your actions... But nothing will defend your parents' actions, either... I know you were broken... You didn't ask to be the head of a cult... You didn't ask not to feel any emotion... If you want someone to blame, blame me. Perhaps you will have a better life in the next."

He looked at me, his one pretty rainbow eye wide. As his face melted away, he said his final words.

"Your Grace... Will you go out with me...?"

I paused for a moment before smiling.

"Of course, my child."

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Inosuke's mother put a charm on him right before he died to save him from harm. Did it work? Maybe, maybe not 🤷🏽‍♀️

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════