𝟎𝟏𝟐

Love

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        I watched silently from the doorway as Zenitsu fawned over Nezuko, showing her Shinobu's fishbowl, which he obviously stole. She looked at the goldfish with interest, watching as it swam to and fro. She glanced up and spotted me, to which she hummed against her bamboo muzzle and stood.

I chuckled and walked inside, where she nearly tackled me to the floor with her surprising strength.

"Hello to you too, Nezuko," I said sweetly, glancing at Zenitsu, "And you too, Zenitsu."

He huffed and looked away as I sat next to him. I propped Nezuko's head in my lap, gently stroking her long hair. She hummed again and fiddled with the hem of my kimono.

"I hear that you and Inosuke are returned to Rehabilitation Training. That's good."

"I guess..." He mumbled.

I simply smiled as I looked at him, studying his facial expression.

"... Do you dislike me, Zenitsu?"

He gulped and looked away, shaking his head.

"It is alright. There is no need to lie. I know the truth." There was a pause before I spoke again. "Why so you dislike me, Zenitsu?"

He pursed his lips and furrowed his brows, narrowing his eyes at the floor.

"It's just... No matter how much faith I put in you... I never receive anything in return... I've always been deceived, used... Not even you would help me in my times of need..."

I nodded, reaching over to brush a strand of yellow hair out of his face.

"Oh, my child... I'm so sorry I made you feel as if I did not care for you. I love you, I really do."

"Then why did you let me get stepped on?!" He grabbed the collar of my kimono angrily. "If you loved me so much, then why did nothing good come to me?!"

"You survived Final Selection," I pointed out, "You're a successful Demon Slayer. You've made amazing friends. Not just bad things have come your way. And those bad things that did come built your unique character. That's what makes the human race so beautiful - their uniqueness."

I gently pried Zenitsu's hand off of my kimono and stood, gently pushing Nezuko off of me in the process.

"You may not see it now, but I do love you dearly, Zenitsu."

With that, I walked out of the room. I could hear him struggling before shouting back at me.

"I'm sorry...!"

I said nothing, but smiled.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Nezuko never did really like Zenitsu. She only went with him because she wanted to see the fish.

❥ Zenitsu felt extremely guilty after what he said and did.

❥ Zenitsu, even with his incredible hearing, did not hear Y/N's approach.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════