𝟎𝟏𝟔

Disappoint

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        "Oh dear... Where are all you demons coming from?" I rhetorically asked.

I'm not worried about my safety, but rather the others, including the injured train passengers. I turned to Kyojuro with a smile.

"Please, sit this one out, Kyojuro. I will- Oh!"

I was cut off when Kyojuro walked in front of me, holding a hand in front of me.

"I'm sorry to defy You, Your Grace, but I do not wish for You to fight my battles!" He said noisily, walking to Uppermoon Three, "Watch the lower ranks!"

Kyojuro and the demon engaged in a bit of chatter before the demon struck first. They fought for a long period of time, in which I watched closely while I rested Tanjiro's head on my lap. They were fast, really fast, in fact, but I was faster. I could see through their movements with ease.

My eyes narrowed when I saw the demon charge at Kyojuro. His fist was aimed at his stomach. I stood and, with a swift motion, appeared in front of Kyojuro, blowing the demon away. They both seemed shocked, but I simply stood there and narrowed my eyes.

"That is enough."

"Please, Your Grace, get out of the way!" The demon said, "I do not fight women, nor do I wish to fight You."

"I do not wish to fight you, either, so I will not. You will leave mow, and you will be left unscathed."

The demon glared at me, but his gaze quickly went behind me. The sun was rising. He stared at me for a few moments before scowling and running off.

I looked back at Kyojuro and was a bit startled to see him looking down at me intently. He always had an intense gaze, but something about this one... Maybe it's because he's now missing an eye? No, no, it's not that... I just can't put my finger on it. Whatever it was, he suddenly embraced me, squeezing my body tightly.

"Thank You, Your Grace..." He murmured, his voice now quiet, "I... I don't know how I can make it up to You... Thank you so much..."

He seemed to be on the verge of tears. I smiled sweetly and cupped his cheek.

"Don't cry, my dear Kyojuro," I said, "You know I would do anything for you. Anything for my children."

He started sobbing uncontrollably, so I had to gently pull him down to the ground to console him.

"Don't cry, my dear," I said again, wiping his tears away, "Don't cry, my dear, don't cry."

His cries were eventually reduced to sniffles.

"I'm sorry... Thank you, thank you..."

I smiled and pulled him up, glancing over at the others, who were watching silently in shock.

"It seems our mission here is done. A trip to the Butterfly Estate is in order, I believe."

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        Kibutsuji stood in front of the bookshelf, looking down at the opened book in his hand. He was in the form of a child so as to not get any suspicion. He didn't have to look to see Akaza kneeling on the windowsill.

"I've come to report, Muzan-sama," he said, his head downturned in both fear and respect.

Kibutsuji's gaze fell on him, and his pupils transformed into slits.

"Did you find what I seek?" He asked.

"I investigated, but there was no certain information. I also couldn't confirm its existence. I did not find the Blue Spider Lily."

"And...?"

"I will continue searching to find the answers you seek."

"And the Hashira? Her Grace?"

"I encountered the Hashira and Her Grace at the same time... But I failed to kill the Hashira, and Her Grace... She sent me away..."

Kibutsuji's eyes widened, his veins throbbing with anger.

"Akaza... When did you become so weak?" He pointed at Akaza, and a moment later, his skin cracked, and blood dripped from his mouth. "You failed me three times... They aren't complicated tasks, yet you have still failed. What is the meaning of this? You couldn't even kill a Hashira? What about the three weaker ones? Why did you keep them alive?

"Akaza!

"You disappoint me."

Kibutsuji returned to normal, looking back down at his book.

"You have fallen, Akaza. Leave me."

Kibutsuji didn't look to see if Akaza did indeed leave, for he already knew. He looked through his book, his sharpened nail tracing a picture in it. A picture of Her Grace.

"I will find You, my darling... And once I do, I won't let You escape."

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Kyojuro doesn't know why he cried, but it felt good to let everything out after bottling up so much.
❥ Tanjiro loved laying in Y/N's lap, but he'll never admit it.

❥ Y/N knows Akaza's name, but she doesn't feel as if he deserves to be called by it. Not yet, anyway.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════