-22- Date Night

"Mr bear says hello Benny" Tiffany told the redhead moving the teddy bears hand up and down signifying a wave.

"Hello mr bear" Benny responded with a small giggle kneeled beside where Tiffany was sat on the floor of her bedroom. After Benny's confession in the library Miles had decided to stay there with him then drive him back. Now they were in Tiffany's room watching her whilst Jennifer popped to the shops to buy some supplies.

"Who's- who's that one" Benny queried pointing to a pink cat sat on one of the small, plastic chairs.

"That's marshmallow, she's my age. Been her owner since I was baby" Tiff explained stroking the pink and white cat proudly.

"I- I have a cat too, a b-big one" Benny told her getting his phone out of his pocket scrolling through his photos. Miles watched them both with a smile. Benny was good with kids.

"Look" he whispered holding his phone up to her, she gasped looking at the picture of presumably Liquorice in awe.

"It's like LuLu" she gasped out watching the picture intently.

"She'd be s-scared of LuLu, she's called L-Liquorice" Benny explained gently.

"Can you bring her next time you here please Bennyyyyyy?" Tiffany requested looking at him hopefully.

Benny looked over at Miles clearly wanting him to answer, Miles smirked knowing Benny didn't want to be the bearer of bad news to the small child so said "No she can't Tiff, she wouldn't get on with LuLu"

Tiffany looked sad but didn't comment on it further instead picking up one of the small tea glasses and taking a fake sip from it then on over exaggerated swallow.

"This tea is really nice Benny, you make best tea" She told him happily looking around at the tea set.

"I-I'm glad you like it" Benny answered sweetly smiling down at Tiffany. Benny was so cute with her. He was so gentle and soft towards her.

The sound of the front door opening interrupted them along with the rustling of shopping bags, Jennifer had returned.

"Mommy!" Tiffany yelled out scrambling up and running down the stairs speedily. The two boys followed exchanging an amused glance.

"Mommy! Benny make me best tea" Tiffany explained to Jennifer excitedly. With a kind smile Jennifer crouched down at Tiffany's eye level.

"That's great! It's very nice of Benny to do that for you and your toys, did you say thank you?" She said warmly.

Tiffany shook her head swivelling around and charging at Benny. Benny recoiled slightly but didn't move allowing the small child to run up to him. "Thank you Benny for making us tea" she told him happily.

"You're m-m-more than welcome" Benny answered readjusting his glasses shyly.

"Thanks for looking after her boys" Jennifer stated as Tiffany began rifling through the shopping bags looking for candy.

"Lets go upstairs" Miles whispered to Benny, he was itching for them to talk about what had happened in the library. To make sure Benny really meant it and it wasn't a spur of the moment thing.

As soon as Benny shut the bedroom door Miles sprang on him kissing his soft lips passionately, though initially surprised Benny kissed back allowing Miles to overpower him lightly pressing him against the wall grinding their bodies together.

Breaking apart they gazed into each-others eyes, Miles noted how perfect Benny looked. The only thing out of place were the unwelcome bruises that stuck to his cheeks like bad memories.

"You still feel the same way you did in the library?" Miles questioned placing his hands on Benny's waist gently.

"Y-y-yeah" Benny whispered back breathing heavily in excitement. Miles backed him harder against the wall kissing him again whilst simultaneously running his hand under the boys hoodie gently touching his bare chest.

Benny squeaked at the cold contact but didn't protest kissing back gripping Miles arms to hold himself steady.

"Y-y-your s-such a g-good kisser" Benny stuttered out as they broke apart again.

"I know" Miles shot back pretending to be smug making the redhead giggle sweetly.

"Why don't we make it official. Me and you. Let's go on a date" Miles offered holding his hand out to Benny.

"W-Where?" Benny asked a smile appearing on his face that looked so genuine unlike his normal false smiles.

"I know a good pizzeria round the corner. We could share a pizza?" Miles suggested still running his hand under Benny's hoodie making the nerd squirm slightly.

"S-sounds good" he answered nodding his head.

...

The pair sat in a little corner booth at the pizzeria, it wasn't particularly busy but enough people were there to make it not awkward. They'd ordered a pepperoni pizza to share and were now just waiting on it to arrive.

"You ever been on a date before?" Miles asked. He knew he was Benny's first kiss but he was unsure if the boy had ever had any other relationships.

"N-n-no. I- I never really h-had any" Benny confessed sheepishly looking away as he spoke.

"A-are you sure y-y-you want this, w-want me?" He questioned looking doubtful.

"I'm sure as anything Benny. I love you. You're so special to me" Miles assured him with a warm smile taking his hand and squeezing it from across the table.

Benny smiled shyly back his face heating up at Miles words "T-thank you, I- I love you too" he whispered back gazing up at Miles gratefully.

Their pizza soon arrived and they ate. Benny had never been to this pizzeria before but Miles had quite a lot, he'd frequented it as a kid with his mom when she couldn't be bothered cooking.

"This is so good. If this was r-round the c-c-corner from my h-house I'd always be h-here" Benny mumbled his mouth full of food. Miles laughed wiping a bit of tomato sauce from the corner of Benny's lips gently.

"We can come here as much as you want" Miles informed him making Benny blush again.

"Y-y-you'd get t-tired of it" He told Miles with a shrug.

"If it makes you happy that's enough for me. I would never get tired of that" Miles answered. Truthfully seeing Benny smile lit up his whole world. It was so rare to see the boy not plastering fake smiles to his face. So to see him genuinely smiling and happy meant everything to Miles.

Once he'd paid the bill the two walked out hand in hand, the night air was chilly making Benny shiver slightly clad in only a thin hoodie and jeans, seeing this Miles ripped his jacket off wrapping it round Benny's chest for the short walk home.

Benny looked at him gratefully his teeth chattering slightly "I've never known someone get so cold so quickly" Miles commented with a small smirk.

Benny shook his head putting his hands in the jacket pockets hastily "Y-yeah, I-i-hate the cold" he answered.

Once they'd reached home Miles led the way back up the stairs, Benny clutched his backpack sighing and looking longingly at Miles.

"I-I- I really don't w-wanna go home. But h-he'll hurt me e-even worse if I don't" Benny said a pained expression on his face.

"I'll drive you, and I'm just a phone call away if you need me okay? You'll be fine" Miles promised him staring confidently into Benny's chocolate brown eyes, Benny nodded gratefully.

"T-thank y-you Miles, I- I love you"