FIRST DAY IN THE ACADEMY (PART-2)

Seeing her act so eerie Shannon turned her face too and looked around the classroom. The kids around her were talking about something and pointing at her. Shannon was starting to feel very uncomfortable by the time, the teacher stood up.

'I am Mrs Merlane. I will be your teacher for the healing potions class. So, let's start by telling the main important thing. You all can see a small flask in front of you on your bench.' She said taking out one from the front bench.

'I kept it today for you but tomorrow onwards. Once you reach the class go to the extra's room' She pointed to a door on the side of her table. 'And take one drop of it. It is called a lightness potion. The thing it does is avoid headaches.'

A kid raised his hand and asked ' Mrs Merlane why do we need to take a lightness potion if we don't .............................

Shannon noticed his voice trailing off. It was clear to her with one look on Mrs. Merlane's face that she was not happy to hear questions being asked in class, while she gave her pep talk. But as a reply, she asked something completely different from the topic.

'Which family do you belong to, child.'

'Family you belong. What is the connection between lightness potion and family name.' Shannon said under her breath.

'She is clearly an aerasian and aerasian's habit of asking family name is a very USUAL characteristic of their inheritance.' Said the girl sitting next to her and also stressing the word 'usual'.

Shannon turned to see if it was who she thought had answered. She was surprised, this girl was clearly not even bothering to smile back when she smiled. But now she talked for the first time to Shannon. The girl quickly realizing she had spoken something out, continued by

'I am sorry. I didn't mean to insult you.'

'What do you mean by saying that you have insulted me now.' Meher asked in wonder.

'So, you aren't an aerasian. I suppose.'

'No' Shannon replied. 'Does pure aerasian's ask family names? I mean- for what?

'To know from which background, you belong. Mrs. Merlane asked to know whether that boy was from a fairy family or not. Potion healing is usually opted by fairies and she is a pure aerasian belonging to the fairy community.'

'Cesaire' the boy replied looking at Mrs Merlane wishing he didn't ask her the question itself.

'No wonder, rarely choose Lamotology.' Said Mrs Merlane. 'For a moment, I thought you belonged to the wizard's family. Sit down.'

Shannon realized that second, she was not going to like that teacher. She had a fuming expression on her face which kind of got Mrs Merlane's attention. 'What is your name dear.' Pointing her hands towards Shannon.

'Shannon' she replied in a pale voice.

'Which family do you belong to.'

'Um.' Shannon stood up and started in a confused voice. She was not interested in letting her know that she was living on earth. '..........um.......... I belong......g toooooooooo................um.'

'Merlane' came a voice interrupting Shannon. Shannon turned to look who that lifesaver was.

She couldn't get a glimpse of the person as Merlane was standing right in the front. But Shannon was startled to see her classmates standing up.

'Yes, Mrs. Winson.' Said Merlane as she walked to the door and Shannon saw that her instant lifesaver was the headmistress of her academy.

'You may sit down students. I would like to have a private conversation with you, Merlane. If that's okay with you.' Mrs. Winson said.