THE TRUTH (PART-1)

May went by with Shannon denying both Andy as well as Arjun. She didn't want to believe the fact; she was a person to fight an unknown enemy from an unknown world.

Light was starting to turn into a mysterious place rather than an interesting one. But deep down she did have a feeling that what Arjun told had some truth in it. His explanations all were valid and with the first term exam's beginning, things were starting to get difficult.

She couldn't keep her focus on anything. Jinni and Flare started to question what she was thinking every time and that she was getting out of touch with the real world.

'Time's up.' Mrs Merlane announced, starting to collect the papers. Once she had them collected, she said. 'I hope the exam was easy and you have done well. You may leave now and start preparing for your next exam. I suppose for first graders it is the seventh main subject tomorrow.'

'Yes.' the class replied as everyone started to walk out. Once they were in the corridor, Andy asked. 'So, how was the exam.'

'It was okay.' Shannon replied gloomily. 'Never expected them to ask the procedures of making Helenth's potion.'

'That's not a problem. If you have made the potion properly then it is okay. As potion contains eighty percent of our mark. The written paper has only twenty percent weightage.'

'I got an easy one to make.' Shannon replied. 'And now I need to start with practical magic. Can't expect what questions we are going to get from Mrs. Geraldine.'

Andy smiled and spoke. 'We will figure it out somehow.'

Exams kept Shannon busy for the whole month. By the end of the month, she started to forget about the whole incident. It was the first weekend after the start of the second term. Shannon's list of work in the library also started increasing with her school work.

She barely stayed in the hostel or met her friends. They were given field visit work. Which kept all of them busy. Shannon showed up early in the morning at times and some days she stayed in the city itself and returned to the academy early in the morning and left around noon.

After many days Shannon was having breakfast with her friends. 'So, what is your plan for today.' Flare asked. 'Shannon.'

'Why are you asking me? I do not know one place properly in Light.'

'Girl didn't you forget something.' Flare asked with a different smile.

'What.'

'Your birthday.' Rachel said.

'Oh, you remembered my birthday when I forgot it myself.' Shannon said surprised. 'I do not know with all this going around I forgot it was July. I never -forget my birthday usually. My mother is going to be shocked when she hears it.'

'As it is a weekend, we can go out.' Andy said. 'Maybe to 'truffles and treat' you never went there.'

'Not without Jinni and Farrah around.' Shannon replied.

'Farrah will come by eleven o'clock and Jinni will reach by noon. After that, we can go.' Rachel said.

'Okay, then we will go four in the evening.' Shannon said.

'Good morning students.' Came Mr. Milward's voice in the PA system. 'A7-7A Shannon and T4-7 Arjun Agreste. Both are requested to come to the principal's office immediately. Thank you.'

'Why is it me every time.' Shannon said scornfully. As the students in the cafeteria turned to look at her.

'Believe me. There is something with the way our fate works.' Rachel said.