THE GREAT DRAGON TAMER (PART-3)

The week that followed was better than anything. The classes were usually empty. Hence teachers cancelled many classes. There were barely any things that were taught. This gave Shannon a chance to visit many parts of Light with her friends.

'In fifteen minutes, we have badminton practice.' Jinni reminded all of the six friends who were sitting on the edge of the fountain in the inner courtyard.

'We better get going, it is Mrs Geraldine's class.' Rachel added.

'I need to go and change into my sports dress.' Shannon replied. 'I will meet you in the sports room in ten minutes.'

'I am also coming with you.' Jinni said tagging along.

Both of them just took a few steps when Lila came in front of them. 'Hello, Shannon.' Lila greeted.

'Hi.' Shannon replied uneasily.

'Who is this.' Jinni asked.

'Her neighbor.' Lila replied.

'That day.' Lila started turning towards Shannon. 'because of the old lady you escaped. Otherwise, there was no way you would escape from my grips. I was expecting you to carry my bags to the tech train station but you weren't there.'

'I thought you said Shannon was your neighbor.' Jinni interrupted. 'Not your servant.'

'What is your problem.' Lila replied ignoring the comment. 'She will do the favor with interest in the return trip.'

'Which will be by, you carrying Shannon's bag.' Said a voice coming from the right. It was Stephen, Lila's elder brother.

'Stephen.' Lila turned towards him, recognizing the voice.

'Hi, Stephen.' Shannon greeted; her eyes glowed in amber sparks.

'Hi,' he replied.

'So, what new trouble have you planned for Shannon? My dear sister.' he asked.

'Nothing.' She replied crossed.

Stephen looked at her sister with a fed-up look, then turned to Shannon and spoke. 'I know she did something. Otherwise, you wouldn't have taken a lift from a stranger.'

'No, it wasn't like that.' Shannon said defending Lila. 'I helped the old lady. So, she wanted to help me by giving me a lift to the station.'

'Look, Shannon, I know you as well as my sister. And also, the fact that you won't say anything. But yes, if my sister does annoy you. Just come to me. I will deal with her.'

'What's with you, Stephen.' Lila roared. 'I think we girls can deal with this.'

'Yeah, I am seeing that. And I know your habit of not even having a little bit of sympathy.

That's why when Mom mentioned that Shannon left with someone else in the lounge. I knew there was something. And I am warning you, Lila. Stop this here or mom and Dad will know everything that happened that day. Maybe Shannon will not speak up. But I have different sources of information. And I regret to say that you are my sister. Considering your actions with an old lady.'

'Which old lady.' Lila asked, mumbling.

Shannon knew that Lila was wondering the same thing as her. 'How Stephen got to know about the events in front of the lounge.'

'Oh, save the innocent act. Can't believe you raised the wand against an old lady. And that too, to do a memory spell on her. Then calling her an old hag and insulting her. Can't believe you.'

'The girl you are tormenting.' He said pointing at Shannon. 'I wish I had her as my sister. Who helps others than- I have no words left.'

Shannondidn't know how to respond to all of this mess, she always finds herself in. It is true that Lila was not a great neighbor, friend, or anything to Shannon but her elder brother always stood up for her against Lila. But how he got to know about all these things is one mystery.

Another mystery she was tempted to find out about was the ring. She wanted to ask Arjun more about the ring, and how her parents came into possession of it. But she didn't, as the conditions were very tough. Many questions were blazing like fire in her mind. And the only person she could get an answer was Arjun. She somehow knew that Arjun had all the answers she needed.