THE GREAT DRAGON TAMER (PART-1)

In the weeks that followed, Ron's conceit was getting unbearable. Jinni had regular complaints that Professor Kinwald was not happy about the progress they made, as they didn't make any.

Ron always tried to get Shannon mad by talking about things that annoyed her in neutral-potions class. As Shannon was in earshot to hear them, she constantly heard Arjun and Alen pleading with him to stop it. But their luck was no better and he regularly asked Shannon whether she was a Non Aerasian or a renounced Aerasian. Whenever the question was repeated, Shannon noticed Arjun paid close attention to what she was saying.

Andy was no better than the person she met the first time. Her color was completely drained after the incident. Even though she didn't say anything to Shannon whenever she took the table near Andy in classes. But she never uttered a word to her. Even though Shannon tried several times.

Shannon was running to the Library as Mrs hovers announced the vacancy opening. As soon as Shannon entered, she saw the librarian talking with Andy. On seeing Shannon, the librarian asked. 'What books do you need.'

'I came to ask if I can get the assistant work.' Shannon replied looking at Andy.

'Oh, I see. Then you two will be taking care of the library' she said checking her watch. 'From 4 to 6 in the evening and I think that time is okay for both of you.' They nodded in agreement. 'Okay, that settles the matter.' She started. 'You can check the library's rule book for the rules that should be followed. Okay, girls carry on and shelf all those books.' She said pointing at a heap of books and she walked out.

There was a long silence as Shannon and Andy started to work on the piles of books. Shannon was delighted that Andy was there with her and unlike the classroom, The library was empty from four to six. Shannon was sitting and reading the library rules book.

When Andy closed the book she was reading and spoke. 'Look, Shannon, I am sorry. I should have told you I am a Farmaid. That's who I am and I cannot do anything about it. You were the first friend I could make from the day I came here and that's why I didn't want to do anything to destroy the friendship. And I clearly understand why you never want to talk with me. So, you no need to try to say that to me.'

Shannon looked at her puzzled and exclaimed. 'What are you even talking about? I was trying to say to you to stop thinking you are useless or.........whatever others say about you. I feel your ability to change into a mermaid and a fairy is an incredible thing. No fairy magic or a potion made by a sorcerer can do that.'

'Thank you, Shannon. But people will make fun of you if they see you talking with me.' Andy replied.

'So, what? If the entire world believes in something and follows it, whatever they are doing is wrong. Then it will never be right. Even if I am going against this entire school or Light. It is fine with me. I am not committing a mistake, according to me.' Andy smiled; She knew Shannon was not a girl that she met so far.

Mrs. Geraldine was finding innovative ways to make the class dangerous. She said that their syllabus was less. Hence, this additional training will help them for the future was her reason. The next day everyone was waiting for Mrs. Geraldine in the middle of a forest. Whenever she arrived late it meant huge consequences were on the way.

Suddenly the ground started shaking and many lost balance like Everlee, Britteny, and Evangeline fell. As Shannon helped Flare to get up huge darkness fell upon them. The class gasped. A huge ferocious looking dragon of green color, wild-dangerous looking teeth, and eyes which were bloodshot stood. It had a tamer next to it, which was the only safety- the class had.

Flare said. 'Is she mad? We didn't yet learn to control a horse properly. Then how are we going to control a ferocious dragon like this.' But before Shannon could say anything.