THE REVEAL (PART-2)

Shannon's fears started to take control over her. She never wanted to fight Veronica and the fact she was just thirteen kept on erupting in her thoughts. How was she going to do something no one in the last fifty years couldn't do? What special power did she have to do that?

'Fereisa.' Grace said. 'Is a spell to knock down your opponent. It is quite a handy spell. If you ask me.'

'Fereisa.' Alen said. 'I have seen my father doing it. But I didn't see him knocking people down with it. Whenever I saw him cast it. It usually snatches the other person's wand away.'

'Well, Alen.' Grace replied. 'You are absolutely right. This spell can be used in two ways. One is to knock people down. Another is to snatch their wand.

But snatching people's wands do not make any much difference if your opponent know how to do bare magic.'

'If you can't do bare magic, you can never actually do anything with a wand. Can you.' Flare asked.

'Yes, Flare. You need to know how to do bare magic if you have to use a wand.' Grace said. 'Alen. You must have seen your father training someone. Because in training time. Teaching both the way a 'fereisa' spell can be used is necessary.'

'Yes, he was training a few freshmen.'

'Okay, now that seals for today's class.' Grace said.

'Tomorrow, I will teach you how to use the spell.'

'Miss Grace.' Arjun said, raising his hands. 'Can you tell what this double incantation confusion spell is.'

'It is known as the king of trickster spells.' Rachel said.

'Right Rachel.' Grace said. 'It's a really hard and complicated spell. It is used for tricking your opponent.'

'What trick does it do.' Jinni asked.

'Well, you say a spell out aloud and another spell in your mind. But instead, the spell you said out loudly the one you said in your mind will be cast.'

'That is a cunning spell.' Farrah said. 'The opponent will create a shield against the spell said out loudly. But if another spell hits it. Then that shield created by your opponent will be destroyed.'

'Will this work even if the shield they created is for a powerful spell.' Andy questioned.

'Yes, it will.' Grace said. 'Because every magic spell has its own counterspell. Except for a few spells.

Some have the same counterspell. So, you should be careful about the spells you use while doing double incantation confusion.'

'Then can you teach us how to do it?' Ron asked with a pleading look.

'I am sorry but I do not know how to do it either.' Grace replied. 'But I was also interested in learning how to do it in my childhood days. I was trained to do it but I never mastered it.

That time my teacher told me that to do it you need focus. Just say the spell in your mind and say the other one out loud. If you focus well, you will do it.'

'That's the only step required to do it.' Alen asked, dazed.

'It is! But the only thing is, it actually never works.' Grace said. 'Now, probably you must be going back to your hostels. What explanation are you going to give Mrs Geraldine? If she sees you roaming around the forest when it is near sun down time.'

They headed back to the academy. Ron kept on saying 'Xiema' all the way back to the academy. The next evening, they went back to the same spot in the forest.