VOLT (PART-3)

'And why didn't anyone be careful about it this time.' Shannon cross-questioned.

'Shannon, the Dark Moon is not something known to everyone. It is only known by very few people. Who has learned dark arts to very great depth? These are one of the Dark's secrets.'

'And when did you become a scholar in this stuff.'

'I have an elder brother. Who knows this kind of stuff.' Arjun replied. 'And more importantly, no one can do anything about this dragon. You cannot control or hurt it. If you do hurt it, you are punishable under the law.'

'I am an animal lover and I will never ask to hurt it. But to put it under a sleep spell or something that will make it harmless for the entire time.'

'No, you can't do that' Arjun cried. 'That dragon is not an ordinary dragon. It is said to be a part of the prophecy and hence you can't hurt or even touch it.'

'A weird world.' Shannon said, Looking at Arjun with anger. 'A prophecy no one has heard about or even knows it exists. I am tired of hearing about this prophecy. It is not even letting an animal live in peace.'

'It is letting a dragon get complete permission to eat and terrorize people as much as it wants. No one is going to disturb its life. I think a dragon can't wish for anything more than that especially since it has the whole royal dragon valley to its own and that too with high protection spells around. It's more likely to be treated as VIP.'

'You are saying there is a protection spell around it. Then how come it came out of the valley.'

But before Arjun was able to reply Miss Grace came in the middle. 'Come on children. Are you going to make this entire academy hear what is going on here?'

'Arjun, tell again that date of the last Dark moon.' Jinni asked.

'That is July 7.' Arjun said looking at Shannon suspiciously. 'What's the big deal.'

On hearing that Shannon looked sternly to Arjun's eyes. Amber flecks in her iris shimmered as she hardened her gaze. He was grinning from ear to ear. Thoughts were wandering in her mind at that moment. 'Did this sharp-wit find out that I lied to him that day?' After a moment Shannon screamed at him saying. 'Why are you saying that looking at me.'

'Here we go again' Rachel commented.

'Why are you so much bothered, about where I look and talk.' Arjun questioned. Walking around her in circles, added. 'Unless that day means something to you.'

Shannon looked at him with fear of whether her lie was going to get caught. She hesitated, her eyeballs moved in all directions.

Arjun knocked on her hand with his elbow and asked. 'Right, seems like you got lost in thoughts.'

'I didn't get lost in thoughts and July 7th has nothing to do with my life.'

'Who told you that it had to do anything with your life.'

'Um.........that, I thought.' Shannon said stammering as she was at a loss for words.

'Oh, stop it.' Jinni intervened. 'I just asked for a date and you are fighting like rats and cats for it.'

'Usually, you both get along very well compared to us but today what is got into you two.' Rachel asked.

'He started it' Shannon complained.

'What, did I do? I told Jinni the answer to her question. Why are you so bothered about 'July 7th ' in the first place.' He said pressing the 'day'.

'Arjun, aren't you the one asking us to stop fighting and you are fighting yourself.' Came a voice from behind.