SAPPHIRE (PART-1)

Shannon spent most of her time reading the book Mrs. Winson gave her. She learned that a royal dragon becomes truly powerful when they turn twenty-one years old. Till then, they will not have complete control of their powers.

Through it, she learned why the portal even opened up. According to the book, Volt and Veronica stole the dragon's gemstone. Which made the royal dragons vulnerable to the Darks. They tried to fight against them but due to the fact that the stone was in Dark's hands, the dragons couldn't do anything.

So, they made a prophecy. The troop leader before dying threatened the Darks by saying, that someone with the help of the last royal dragon would kill the wrongdoer of humanity.

First, they kidnapped Andre to learn about the prophecy because of his special gift he had a telepathic connection with the royal dragon's troop leader. But Andre even after getting brutally tortured didn't tell who the prophecy was about.

So, they tried to kill the last baby dragon that existed. So, the prophecy won't take place. But they didn't know one thing the dragon was put under a spell. The moment the dragon was touched by the spell. It opened the portal and the dragon's gem was destroyed.

Smitha narrated the remaining part of the story. The dragon's gem was only partially destroyed and not completely. With clues and knowledge, they had with them about the gem. They knew Volt was outside the portal. This can only happen if the gem wasn't completely destroyed. Chances were, three by four of the gem might have been destroyed. But a quarter of its power must have been absorbed by Volt. Making him invisible against the portal's powers.

In spite of knowing the whole story. Shannon knew that some pieces of this giant puzzle box- she was trying to solve, are still missing.

'Be careful.' Mahesh said trying to put up a fake smile. But Shannon could read through his eyes- it was buried with fear, anxiety, and pressure. He snapped his fingers and a mark got embedded on Alen and Farrah's wrists. The mark was of two wands.

'Uncle, that mark represents- Arjun started.

'Yes, it's my symbol. If anyone who belongs to our side sees it, they will protect you at any cost.' Mahesh completed.

'And if the other side people see it-

'Nothing will happen.' Smitha assured. 'This is a secret code, no one can recognize it -easily.'

'And' Mahesh began. 'This is a secret weapon and a gift for both of you. For coming two cycles you will be able to use your blessing powers. Alen, you can use your camouflaging abilities. And Farrah, you will be able to connect with nature to a greater extent than before.'

'Really.' Alen, surprised. 'Thank you so much.'

'Yes, thank you so much.' Farrah replied.

'Look it is an urgent power supplier. Don't use it unless necessary. You still are undergraduate.' Mahesh advised.

'Yes, we will take care of it.' Alen promised.

'Dad can I also get one.' Shannon asked.

'Sorry Shannon, you are an element fairy. We can't give you.' Smitha replied.

' Farrah is an all-element fairy.' Shannon replied, stubbornly.

'Farrah was brought up in RIVER WOOD, she knows how to balance her mind. Control it from emotions. Which isn't easy and requires a lot of patience and practice. ' Smitha explained. 'More importantly, this gift can't be given to fire, wind, and water element-blessed people. Because these powers without proper training when done can be life-threatening.'

'And if by mistake the fire goes out of control. The same fire you created will destroy you.' Mahesh added.

'But yes, there is something for you.' Smitha said. Then giving a flask in her hands she said. 'This is a protective liquid. It will protect against harmful spells. For powerful ones, it will reduce its effect.'

'Uncle.' Came Melvin. 'Matilda has weakened the barrier of the dragon valley. But only for sixty seconds. So, it is time-

Melvin created a portal that was green and shallow in mid-air. 'Hurry up, the portal won't be there for long. And remember, Volt, Veronica, or any Dark- even if they want to. They cannot enter inside the dragon's cave. Cave is the safest place at the moment.'

'Okay Melvin.' Alen, Farrah, and Shannon said together.

'Bye,' Rachel, Flare, Andy, and Jinni said waving.

'Come back safe.' Ron said. 'And remember the dragon won't eat you up. He eats fruits only. So pretty much safe around him.'

'We will be waiting for you all.' Arjun added.

'Be strong.' Mrs. Winson and Mr Milward.

'Bye, come back safe.' Mahesh and Smitha said, waving at them.

The three of them with courage they could muster up, plunged into the portal. In a moment the pruned, trimmed, and neat academy garden turned into a place of wild creepers, twigs, and leaves all around. It was dark, sunlight couldn't penetrate inside.

'Why is it so dark here.' Shannon asked.

'Time travels faster here, if it is morning in the city then here it is night.' Alen explained.

'In the city it is dawn. So, here it is dusk.' Farrah added.

'So, it going to turn very dark.' Shannon asked.

'Yes, I think let's walk around and after an hour or two we will call it a night.' Alen suggested.

'Yeah, I think that's better.' Farrah said.

The jungle was deep and thick, screaming of the birds and sudden movement gave an additional effect of being in a horror movie Shannon. Soon the sun started to sink in and the moon glowed brightly in the night sky. As the night grew in, a cold breeze started to blow. The air turned tight and colder as time passed. Both Alen and Farrah were shivering but they stayed quiet.

Shannon seeing her friend's plight, tried to grab a branch from a tree top. But no matter how hard she jumped, she wasn't able to pull it out. But suddenly the branch of the tree moved towards her, and she pulled it out. 'Is nature alive in this valley.' Shannon asked.

'No, I just made it alive for a moment.' Farrah answered, pointing at the symbol on her wrist.

Shannon turned around; it was Farrah. She had summoned the power from the mark, her father forged in her wrist.

She smiled and replied. 'Thanks.'

Alen and Farrah walked forward, while Shannon followed them behind. Constantly trying to kindle a fire and turn it into a torch. That's the least she could do for her friends. They took this dangerous journey- for her.

But no matter how hard she tried, it wasn't lighting up. 'Come on, light up.' Shannon murmured.

In a trice her eyes glowed, shimmering in amber and yellow flecks. She couldn't catch sight of anything around her. She was only able to visualize a raging yellow flame in her eyes. She moved around in frustration. 'Shannon' Alen called out. 'Are you alright?' Came Farrah.

'Shannon' a voice spoke in her mind.

'You.' Shannon replied, moving around in irritation. 'You weren't around for ages. You never left me even for a moment, when I was on earth. But after coming to Light-

'Shut up.' Voice growled. 'And listen to me. Keep your eyes closed and take a deep breath. Calm down, nothing happened. If you keep on panicking, the valley will become alarmed.' Shannon didn't reply.