MELVIN (PART- 4)

Shannon asked in a calm voice. 'Who did this ring belong to before me.'

'Your father.'

'Before him.'

'Your grandfather.'

'Before him also.'

'Your great grandfather.'

'What powers does it have.' Shannon asked getting irritated.

'Shannon, you should ask. What are your parents hiding from you? Why are they so over protective about you.'

'How will you know the answers to those questions.'

'I will show you- what I know.' Arjun replied.

'What do you know about your grandfather.'

'Only thing I know about him is, his name -Andre.'

'Andre.' Andy repeated astonished.

'Your father's name.' Arjun questioned.

'Mahesh.'

'Your mother's name.'

'Smitha.' Shannon said starting to feel intimidated by his questions. 'What is the big deal.'

'Maybe ask your friend. I do not think she feels, it is not a big deal.' Arjun said pointing at Andy. Who was standing in shock, she asked Shannon. 'Are you Andre's granddaughter?'

'If he is my grandfather, then I will be his granddaughter, right.'

'Is she the one I think she is, Arjun?' Andy asked.

'She is.'

'And is she connected with that proh-

'She is.'

'Does she have any idea about it?'

'Not even slightly.'

'And Volt's attack was actually-

'For her but he mistook that someone among you, Farrah, Alen, and Ron was the person.'

'I can't believe it.' Andy said falling into a chair.

'What is that you can't believe.' Shannon asked looking at them shocked.

'Shannon, do you remember the story I told you about my father's friend.' Shannon nodded in agreement.

'That friend of my father was your father.' Shannon first looked at Arjun with a doubtful face. Then she started laughing.

'You are a good jokester. My father is a protector and that to the one who was supposed to be the leader.' She said laughing hard. 'I am sorry but is it written in my face that I am a fool? My father is a businessman on earth. If he had a high position and value on Light. Then why did he decide to stay on earth.'

'To protect you.' Andy answered.

'Why do I need protection? I am not a child who cries on getting a scratch on my hands or fingers.' Shannon answered stubbornly.

'Scratch.' Andy cried. 'I do not know how many days you will have your head on your neck. That time you are talking about getting a scratch.'

'Shannon, you are the one who is chosen to punish the wrongdoer of humanity.' Arjun said interrupting.

'What did you say now.' Shannon asked, not able to digest what she heard.

'Shannon, the prophecy you deny on believing.' Andy started. 'Is about you.'

'You play a major role in the prophecy.' Arjun started to explain. 'It is not about one person. It is about many people but in it, you play one major role.'

'Are you both serious?' Shannon asked, she was clueless on what answer she should give.

'Yes, Shannon.' Andy replied.

'On the day we met for the first, you told me your name.' Arjun said continuing. 'I had doubts but the moment you denied it and said you were born on September 7th. I thought you were not the one. But later that day you raised the stone high up. Then you tamed the dragon by merely looking into its eyes. By that time, I knew you were lying.

On, the day of the event. I told you a story, remember? I told you that purposefully to see your reaction when I mentioned 'your mother.' It was not an accident.

And the friend of my father I mentioned that day is your father. When Jenni asked about July 7th. I thought about putting you on a test. So, I kept on saying 'July 7th' and you were so irritated by it. So, I started getting suspicious. Then during neutral potions class. When I saw your full name in your text.

I knew my doubts were right and the last thing I needed was assurance of your birthdate and that is why I was trying to irritate you. I thought it would take a long time but you slipped it out of your tongue by mistake.'

'You got it wrong Arjun. I have nothing to do with the prophecy.' Shannon protested.

'Shannon, you need not believe in it but sooner or later you will. Your parents will spill the beans. But the important thing is, even though you do not trust all of this now. You should not talk about this to anyone including your parents.'

'Shannon, he is right. You should not speak about it even if you do not believe.' Andy said supporting Arjun for the first time.

'I won't. I do not want to even think about it. Till today even though I knew Andre was the commander of Erin. I never thought you would turn this historic story on my head. There can be hundreds of people with the same name.' Shannon said she felt like having a big lump in her throat.

But it has to be something else. Her magic never worked properly on anything at the right time. Even though she was capable of doing weird things at unpredictable times.

'Shannon, was Melvin meeting your father. During the vacations. Is it why you told me you know where he goes after his shift.' Arjun asked, changing the topic.

'To be honest I didn't see him.' Shannon replied, checking her bag. 'It was my younger sister; she wrote to me a few days ago. It had a picture of your brother talking to my father and I think he did visit during vacations. Because during six o'clock my mother used to send me and my siblings outside.' She gave him the letter and the photo.

After studying them carefully, he said. 'a person studying business.' Then he snapped the finger and the blue-coloured layer disappeared.

'These things can't be happening to me.' Shannon said abruptly as she kept the letter and the photo in her bag.

'It's past five. I am going. I have a lot of homework to do. Especially completing the procedures of yesterday's concentrative potion.' She said leaving the library.

'Arjun, I do not think she is going to be alright.' Andy said.

'You are the only one who knows this. So, you should be there for her. Especially since she is going to fight her this year.'

'She is'

'Yes! you forgot- a portal is opening up. By a few more cycles(month) we are going to get the results and things are going to turn very bad.'

'The portal is connected with Darks.'

'It is. So, she needs to learn to do magic and at the same time be strong both mentally as well as physically.' Arjun said. 'You will help her right.'

'She was there for me. When no one was there. So, I will be there for her no matter what.' Andy replied. Thinking about how she was going to muster up that courage in Shannon.