Chapter 5 Waffles Or Pancakes?

'Beatrice' A voice said in my head.

'Beatrice. Wake up.' The voice said again. I groan out loud and the voice chuckles.

'Kyra, go back to bed. It's too early.' I groan at her, looking at the digital black clock installed in the wall.

'It's flipping 4:00 am in the MORNING' I yell at her. The alarm suddenly goes off. I don't want to get up, but if I don't, Christina might tackle me. I stand up on the platform that shut off the alarm. I stretch out my limbs and make my way into the closet.

I grab my black Nike clothes. That include a black sports bra, stripped shorts, blue polka dot headband, and grey/white sneakers. I put my hair into a pony tail that reaches my middle back. I grab a refillable water bottle and head downstairs, taking the elevator.

Heading down to the kitchen, people were everywhere. At least 15-35 people were in the big kitchen here. I spot Christina and Shauna and they wave me over. Christina holds a stack of pancakes in each hand while Shauna holds waffles.

"Tris, please tell Chris that she is being absurd! Waffles are the superior species." Shauna turns her back to Christina.

"Well, tell Shauna that she is being ridiculous! Pancakes are better." Chris turns her back to Shauna's back. I sigh in frustration and turn them both around.

"I know how to solve this. Where is-WILL, URIAH, ZEKE! GET YOUR ARSES OVER HERE!" I yell at them from across the room. All heads turn to me and give me 'what the f?' looks. Will, Zeke and Uriah come running towards us.

"What is it-what happened?" Uriah says looking at me. So does everyone else apparently.

"Well, Christina and Shauna were fighting about how Waffles or Pancakes were better then each other. So I called you over here to make a decision. Choose away."

Zeke squints his eyes, pretending to think. He goes over to Shauna's side after 3 minutes of 'deciding'. Will strokes his imaginary beard but chooses Christina. Uriah is left. He gets the final vote.

"Well, pancakes have a vastly great variety of ingredients plus marvelous toppings. Pancakes can be topped with anything from Maple Syrup to Sour Cream. Waffles have the same ingredients and toppings but can be big and fluffy, or kinda crispy but taste good. Waffles can handle large masses of syrup while pancakes cannot. Pancakes fall apart with too much syrup. I obviously have made my decision." Everyone in the room was silent either from being excited, but mostly from Uriah using such big words.

"And the winner is......-"

"What in the name of the Moon Goddess is going on in here!?" The alpha comes barreling down the door and yells at his Beta and soon to be Delta.

"Settling an argument that has lasted for centuries." Zeke responded with a grin.

"And what would that be?" The Alpha said putting some bags onto the counter. Bagels, traitor.

"Whether pancakes or waffles are better." I say right before anyone could respond. He just sighs and grabs a waffle.

"Obviously waffles are the superior species." And he takes a 3 inch bit out if he fluffy goodness. Waffles are really good. I like them better than pancakes.

"Alright people," the Alpha says finishing his waffle in 3 bites, "Lets get ready for a run. Newbies, go to your sound proof rooms to transform for the first time. Good luck." Everyone walks out except for the people who jumped. I began to walk to the elevators when I run into somebody's body on accident. I look up to see who it was and I gulped.

The spawn of cake and the devil herself, Lauren. She was wearing a bright pink sports bra, which was actually probably a bikini, black booty shorts and Asics pink shoes. Her bleached blonde hair was tightly braided into a French Braid which made her looked Asian. She probably couldn't even see what 2+2 was.