Chapter 24 The Divergency That Caused This The Book Series To Start

Recap:

"Where is she." Axe growls. He has been in control since we got in the car and he almost killed a innocent man. Eric points to the couch and laying there is my pale, stringy hair, almost looks lifeless mate.
---
Tris***

"Tris honey! The guests are here!" I here my dad yell. I run downstairs and see the living room has been decorated in blue and purple. Laura's favorite colors. She hates pink. Like mortal enemy. My brother comes running down the stairs along with me and heads straight outside to where the party is taking place. Apparently 3 is a big deal because Laura is the third child and it is her golden birthday- so it's going to be big.

I see my mother and father in the backyard talking to Alpha Marcus and his son Tobias. He looks good looking for an eight year old. I look into his blue eyes and I blush slightly when he looks back at me straight in the eyes.

He is wearing brown caky pants, a white polo shirt, and a pair of Chuck Taylor's. I look at my appearance. I'm wearing a lavender summer dress that stops at my knees and has spaghetti straps and blue converse. Laura's request.

I walk over to the buffet, get food, and sit down next to an excited Laura.

"Hey Tris! Look! There's cake that is probably chocolate. I like chocolate. Do you like chocolate? Chocolate is brown right?" She also won't stop talking for her life. It's kinda funny because she is three. (Note, I have a three-four year old brother and this is how they talk.)

"Yes absolutely, yes." I answer her two questions she gives me a confused look and I giggle. My mom and other people of the pack come and she cuts the lights. The candles are lite and we sing.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Laura, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!" We all yell the ending and howl after that. Laura takes in a deep breath and a scream tears through the air. Suddenly the house bursts into flames. People scream and run in panic.

Me and Caleb get trampled but make it to the door until I noticed Laura is missing. She is trying to undo her chair straps. I rush in and try to help her but I get pulled back my a hand. I thrash and scream as I'm pulled outside and the last thing I see is Laura getting hit in the head and back by a flaming ceiling log. Then I black out.

----
Present day*** Tris***

I'm uncomfortable. The surface I'm laying on is hard and stif. I try to wriggle around but I feel a grasp on my arms. I open my eyes and see blue eyes and then the fireworks are sent through me.

Tobias.

His grasp undos and I set up. His eyes show pain, worry, sadness and a bit of relief is shown and I hug him tears are flooding my senses. He whispers comforting words as he holds me in his arms.

I feel another sob wrack my body and I let it. Tobias grips my waist tighter and I bury my head into his chest. After a few minutes, I look around and see that we are in a hospital. Tobias leaves my grip for a second and leaves the room without saying a word. My wolf whimpers from the lack of contact and the fact that he left me in my time of need.
The open revealing someone in a lab coat. Apparently a doctor I have never seen before. I flinch back from not knowing the doctor and Tobias runs into the room crushing me into a hug. He sniffs me, to calm his wolf down and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Sorry I left." He whispers into my head. I nod with my eyes closed. The woman behind us coughed. We spread apart but Tobias pulls me into his lap and I slouch back into his chest.

"Hello Luna. My name is Tori. I am the official pack doctor. I am the doctor for the Alpha and Beta family. Riley was the pack doctor. I'm the head pack doctor. She quit apparently so I stepped up." I nod. "The family has also told me everything." I gulp when she said the word everything. Tobias must have sensed my distress and started rubbing his hand up and down my thigh.

"So, when you fainted, I came in and took some blood. There appeared to be something in you that I have only seemed in Beta Zeke. I call is Divergence. It's a rare case were the person is immune to a really rare drug called The Control Drug for short. It's really called comtrollitsalmanetta. (Just made that up.) Its a very powerful drug that controls people to do what ever they want from their minds. Delta Uriah as it and so do you. Which makes you dangerous. They call these people Divergent."