Chapter 7 My Birthday Ball

We arrive at the mansion 45 minutes later. I was only a 15 minute drive but Christina forgot her shoe pads that help her feet not feel sore when walking in heels at home.

At 9:45 pm we arrived at the party. Everyone went ahead and I stayed behind a bit. It turns out that everyone was wheeling masks including the boys. Great.

'How does it look in there?' I text Christina

'Fun! The bar has everything! The boys are wearing masks and there is a big dance floor.' She texts back, wait a second...

'Are you already drinking 😠?' When Christina drinks, sometimes bad things happened. Once when we were 16, she had 18 shots of vodka and 10 minutes later, she was passed out in the middle of the floor half naked.

'Maybe...' She texts back. I let out a frustrated sigh. I close my phone, put my mask on, and walk into the building. As soon as I walk in, the party stops and everyone looks at me. Some people start whispering and some gaze in awe. I ignore them and a guy walks up to me.

"Announcing the Birthday girl, Tris Prior!" He announces and everyone claps and some people whistle. Blood rushes to me cheeks and I second the stair case. Christina is by the bar in the front left part of the building and I turn left once I get to the last step.

"Christina? How many shots have you had?" I ask her tapping her shoulder.

"She's only has a beer." The bartender asks. I look closer and it hits me.

"JASON!!! Oh my gosh what at you doing here!!" I walk behind the bar and give him a hug. Christina pats me in the shoulder and leaves for the dance floor. Weird.

"I've lived in the pack since last Tuesday. Happy birthday by the way." It was Sunday and I had school tomorrow. We had school off last week because of the Choosing Ceremony.

"Thanks. So your just working here?" I ask.

"No, I just volunteered for the first 30 minutes then the Omegas take over. I just wanted to see if I can find my mate. I'm 19 by the way." I nods and turn to leave for the dance floor.

"Bye Jason! See you later!" I walk to the middle of the dance floor until someone knocks me down.

"Look what we have here. Thanks for inviting me to your party, not. Its boring." I look up rubbing my head.

Lauren. She was wearing a bright pink dress and had a black and pink mask.

"What do you want Lauren?" I stand up and brush off any dust or grime on my dress being careful of my shoulder and collarbone in the sling.

"Just came to see what the party was for. Looks like it was to celebrate the ugly, fat scared birthday girl. My hand goes to my right cheek feeling the double lined scar on it. My wolf growls but I push her back.

"Just leave. Will you? Nobody wants you here. You don't belong here. Nobody will want you, bitch." That name hurt hell. I bit my lip refusing for tears o fall. I begin to walk away when she sticks her foot out, tripping me. I will obviously fall on my left shoulder. I wait for the pain, but it doesn't come.

Shocks go through my body and I open my eyes. My wolf is screaming to kiss him. He is my mate. He is the one who left me stranded in the middle of the woods. I slowly get out of his arms and Lauren pushes me away.

"Mate." He growls inching closer to me and Lauren. She steps closer to him and hangs in his arm.

"I know baby, tell that bitch to get away from us. She was calling me names like slut and whore." She fakes cry and leans into him. He shrugs his shoulders, trying to get her off of him but she holds on.