Chapter 33 Tris's Story

I feel water works break and I leap to Tobias. I squeeze his neck and I bury my face in his chest. I cry for him. What kind of person hurts the person they love and their pup? I feel his arms snake around my waist and I feel his body shake in agony.

He is crying.

My Tobias is crying.

I hug him tighter and he does the same.

We just sit there, together, entangled limb and limb, crying for each other.

After about an hour of us just laying there, I sit up and wipe my cheeks. Tobias mimics my actions, but there is not a much tears as mine. He probably shed a few. I take a deep breathe and lay back on his chest.

"Tobias?" I say my voice wavering. He responds with a 'hm' and wraps his arms around my waist holding me against him, rubbing circles on my hip. I sniff then take a deep breathe.

"I'm ready." I say and he nods. I open my mouth and begin.

"It was when I was eight, so about nine years ago. I had a sister Laura. She was turning five. Nobody talks about her anymore because its a sad day. Not as sad a your mother, but sad. " Tobias intakes a sharp breathe. I grab his rough, but yet smooth, hand and rub it to comfort him.

"We were celebrating her birthday and just as she was about to blow out the candles, the sirens went off. The emergency sirens, not the practice ones. So, we all fled to the safe house. But, there was a fire at the pack house. No one know who started it, there was no scent there, just a burnt match inside. It could have been anyone. But why?! There was so much smoke. So much fire. I could barely see. I was trapped and my foot was stuck underneath a log, a burning one at that. I fell and I saw that Laura was still in her highchair, trying to get out. It was stuck and I managed to get out from under the log. I was limping towards her but my dad started to pull me back. I kicked and screamed but wouldn't let me go and save her." By this time, I was crying. Sobbing dear I say. I clung onto my mate's shirt, not soaked with tears. He held onto me and let me cry. He was growling, but not at me. He was growling at the fact that I was crying and that I was hurt as a child. That someone purposely set a fire to hurt my family and me.

He pulled me closer and flipped me around to that my back was bent and my head was up facing him. He leans in fast and plants a fierce kiss on my lips, lovingly. He grips my face and I lean into the kiss. I grip his shirt and he breaks leaning his forehead in mine.

"Better?" He growls with his eyes gold. I nod and lay back down, with my back against his rock hard chest. I nod and continue.

"When my dad pulled me to the doorframe, I saw a breaking beam, above Laura. She managed to get out but when she was walking towards us, the beam fell and fell on her. I screamed to go back but I didn't work. I was pulled about 20 meters away from the pack house and ten minutes later, the house exploded. Then the smoke got to me and I blacked out. The next thing I knew was that I woke up in the hospital with lung congestion of smoke and no body of Laura. Just her burned birthday hat. We had a funeral but there was no body. W-we just buried her hat, and her favorite toy. Th-that was it.

Now I found out that she is alive and had just turned twelve! And he has been beaten and abused! And I couldn't do anything. Nothing!" I yell in pain. I clutch onto Tobias's shirt and he growls protectively and trying to calm me down by moving my head too his neck.

I slowly calm down, and so does he, and we end up laying down together underneath the covers. I'm in one of his shirts while Tobias is in his boxers.

"Tobias?" I ask quietly from exhaustion.

"Yeah Beatrice?" He replies using my full name. Wait a freaking second.

"Did you just use my full name?" I ask shocked. He shrugs and pulls me closer to his chest and delicious abs.

"No?" He asks. I shake my head and he sighs. "Maybe in special occasions like birthday or Christmas." He says. I could sense the tiredness coming off of him and I too. I laugh then feel sleep wash over me.

"Now people want to kidnap my and kill me too use me as lab rat. Just so they can be divergent and immune to one of the two things that kill werewolves. Just great." I whisper sarcastically. I yawn and Tobias pulls me closer in a protective manner. He growls and buries his head into my neck, breathing in my scent.

"Their going to kill me." I state. He growls menacingly and wraps one arm around my waist and the other above my chest.

"I won't let that happen. Ever. Mine. My mate. My Tris. MINE!" His eyes are gold and I yawn, tired of all of this.

"Axe, honey. Please calm down. I'm tired and sore. My heart hurts and yeah. Please calm down, more me?" I ask him with a tired, raspy voice. He growls in response, knowing not to push me right know. He nods and holds me tighter then plants a kiss on my head.

"Night queeny." He says.

"Night Toby." And I fall asleep.