⚫CHAPTER 10⚫

:His Lost Love:

Aarav's words made Rudra's bones weak as he felt himself completely numb recalling the dreadful events of his past.

A part of him compelled to maintain his professionalism towards his personal assistant but another part of him wanted someone who would listen to him, and all those those sufferings he had gone through each time.

He raised his hand to remove Aarav's hand from his shoulder but ends up keeping his hand upon his.

His quivering lips finally stilled and a heavy voice came out, "15 years ago..."

In Jaipur, 2009

"Mummaaaa!!!". The happy screams of a small boy echoed in her ears as she turned around smiling at his son. He came and hugged her.

"Aww! My son is looking so handsome in new clothes. Do you like it, Rudra??" Mrs. Mehrotra asked pulling his cheeks.
"Yeshh, they are awesome." Rudra smiled cheekily flashing a warm toothy smile to her mother.
"Today is your birthday. Go out. Play with your friends, enjoy your day. But you should return before it is dark. Okay??"

Rudra nods but with disappointment clearly plastered on his face.
"But Baba and you should have taken a day off. You had never spent any of my birthdays with me till now. Why is the king so rude? Can't he understand the emotions of the birthday boy?" He whined and pouted cutely showing anger.

Mrs. Mehrotra caressed his cheeks.
"Don't say like this, my son. Our King is God to us, a very kind-hearted person. I and your Baba are the most trusted members of him. So on this very day, along with you, we prepare for Princess Jasmine's birthday too."
"I and Princess are born on the same day??"
Before his mother could reply, a knock on the door interrupted the duo.
"Mrs. Chief cook, the King wants you in his courtroom to discuss the necessary food items for today."
She nodded to him and turned to face Rudra.
"I've to leave now. Enjoy your day hmm?". She kissed on his cheeks and left the room waving her hand.
Rudra bids her farewell with sad expressions. He sighed.
As soon as his mother left, some voices called his name.
"Rudraaa!!!"
Rudra runs outside and flashes a smile seeing his friends. They wish him in chorus,
"Happy Birthday!"
"Thank you"
"Do you know that today is Princess Jasmine's birthday too!!" A boy among them blurt out.

"Let's go to the royal fair. Princess Jasmine's palanquin is all set to be out." Another one spoke and all of them start moving towards the fair leaving Rudra all frustrated.
"Today's my birthday but everyone is busy with her only."

He also accompanies them but keeps blabbering.
"She didn't got any other day among the 365 days of a year. Why on my birthdayy???? A poor boy is suffering for her. I wish I could meet her, so that I could scold her for spoiling all my birthdays."

All of them reached the fair.
Rudra's eyes falls on a flying peacock feather. His eyes shine up and he runs behind it.

"Hail Princess Jasmine!!"
"Haill!! Princess Jasmine!!"
Just then, Princess Jasmine's palanquin comes in the fair and crowd gathers around her to greet her with flowers.

She was in a pink gown looking absolutely like a fairy. Her long hair curled till her waist and she was greeting everyone by waving her hand from the palanquin. Her eyes fell on the peacock feather which was in the grabbed by Rudra then. He didn't notice her being too busy with the peacock feather in his hand.

As Jasmine's palanquin passed by his side, she raised her hand to Rudra to take the peacock feather gently from his hand. As soon as she touched him, his hands automatically lost its grip upon the feather and his eyes went to her smiling face.