Chapter 10 - A Mysterious Letter!

A change in their age:

Badr - 30 years old
Fayez - 28 years old
Fakhr - 27 years old
Affan - 26 years old

Third Person Pov:

In the morning, Badr woke up by the pain in his hand. He looked at his brothers who were sleeping peacefully

"What should I do!?" He mumbled, bewildered, with tears in his eyes from the pain he was experiencing. The wounds reopened. The blood was gushing. But he did not want to disturb his brother's slumber. With a groan, he stood up, being careful not to disturb his brothers. The door was open, allowing some light to enter the room. Opening the lamp, he took the first aid kit from the drawer. He opened his bandage with his other hand and pulled out the antiseptic.

" Ouch! AHH!" He cried out in pain as he attempted to apply the antiseptic to his injured hand, but he ended up splashing the entire antiseptic onto his wounds.

"What happened, Akhi?" Fayez questioned, still in deep sleep.

"Noth-ing. Just trip-ped" he stuttered out in pain, holding his tears back. He was feeling guilty for disturbing his sleep.

But the stutter in his voice jolted Fayez awake completely. Fayez sat up and glanced at Badr, but when he noticed his state, he yelled out, frightened and worried, which awoke the others.

"Akhi"

Fayez and his brothers hurried to Badr, noticing antiseptic in his injured hand, they understood he was trying to treat it himself.

"Ya, Allah! What have you done!" Fayez remarked furiously, inspecting his hand.

"I woke up by pa-in." Tri-ed to change. "But an-ti-sep-tic fe-ll" Badr was unable to form the words due to the agony, which frightened them even more.

"Why the heck didn't you wake us!?"
Fayez said with a severe voice. He brought Badr to the bed and made him sit on it.

"Did-n't wa-nt dist-urb y-ou--- Ahhh!" He yelled in the middle due to the abrupt pain.

"Here's the first-aid kit and water," Fakhr remarked, bringing it. It was terrible for them to witness Badr in pain. Fakhr hugged Badr to comfort him while Fayez treated his injuries. Badr broke into sobs due to the pain.

"Shh... it's fine. Look, it's done," Fayez whispered calmly, his fury melting away as he saw Badr in so much suffering. He showed Badr his bandaged hand. Badr sniffled, looking at his hand, which was now neatly covered in a bandage. Fakhr rubbed his back softly.

"I apologise for disturbing your sleep," Badr sniffled, staring at his brothers with shame. His brothers gave him a done look. Can't he change this behaviour of his?

"If you had woken us, this would not have happened. But our sleep was more important to you than your discomfort." Affan sighed.

"I'm sorry, na. I ruined your sleep. Made you more concerned." Badr stared at his brothers with a pouty expression, and they gazed back at him with defeat. Their brother can't be sorry for correct reason for once. They scowled internally.

"You can never be sorry for the right reasons," Fayez declared sharply. Badr looked down, ashamed.

• Why am I such an idiot!?• Badr was frustrated with himself. Fayez sighed defeatedly, knowing exactly what was going through Badr's mind. They all knew. Sometimes Badr was like an open book. No matter how hard he tries to disguise his feelings, they are obvious in his eyes. Sometimes he disguises his emotions so well that no matter what, They won't know what he is thinking, what he's going through until he tells.

Fayez held Badr's jaw gently and made look at him. He kneeled down at his level and said gently yet sternly.

"Next time, tell us what's bothering you. If we are asleep then wake us, Akhi"

"Fine" Badr replied but would he? His brothers knew he wouldn't tell, no matter what.

"Supper is ready!" They heard their mother yell and smiled.

Badr made grabby hands towards
Fayez who chuckled and teased

"Does someone want to be picked up?"

"Hmm" Badr whined, nodding his head like a child. After everything, he just wanted to be pampered and rest. He wanted to be reassured. He wanted to be loved. He wanted to be held protectively. His brothers understood it well. For others, he might be over reacting over a small thing. But for him, It was a big matter. It was the first time, his family had behaved this way. It took a toll him. He feared that he would lose his family. Losing his Noor Al Hayya wasn't easy for him either. It was his unwavering faith in Allah which kept him alive. For his family, It was same thing.

Fayez shook his head and picked Badr up as Badr wrapped his hand over his shoulder and snuggled in his neck.

He went in the kitchen with his brothers following behind. Their parents chuckled seeing Badr. He is childish a lot but he manages his responsibilities very well.

After eating, they talked and laughed with each other. Soon a bell rang interrupting their talk filled with laughter. Badr stood and opened the door.

"Assalam o Alaikum!" He greeted the postman who was standing outside the door.

"Walaikum Salaam! Here's a letter for Badr" The post man said politely.

"I am Badr. Give it me, please" Badr replied politely, looking at the letter curiously.

"Sure, Sir. Sign here" The post man said giving him a pen and a paper. After signing It, he took the letter excitedly and went to the living room.

"Who was it? How are you excited so suddenly!?" Walid Badr questioned perplexed looking at Badr's excited face.

"It was a post man, there's a letter for me" Badr replied, opening the letter. His only focus was on the letter which made them laugh.

But after reading the letter, Badr's face paled. He stiffened in his place. The memories that he dreaded went through his mind.

Author Note:

How's it!?

Do share your opinion!?

What do you think what scared Badr!?