Chapter 16 - The Stained Relationship

Third Person Pov:

In the morning, Badr woke up by the sun rays. He got ready and went to the kitchen. With a smile, he started making the dinner as everyone gathered and sat at the table. He smiled from outside but inside, he was numb and hollow.

The atmosphere was quite and eerie. There was no laughter and no greeting exchanged. No one made eye contact, each lost in their own thoughts. The parents watched the sight with their heart ached. They knew one thing Badr didn't blame them for their decisions. He was happy. But he was hurt knowing he is a son of a person who ruined his mother's life. They knew their sons needed their space so they let them. If the situation remains like this, then they'll take it upon themselves.

As Badr served the food, he sat and ate quietly. The dinner was unusually quiet. This time, the silence wasn't a peaceful silence but a silence that stinged at their heart. It was saddening how a single truth broke their bonds.

"Pass the bread, please," Affan muttered, breaking the silence with a hesitant voice.

Badr wordlessly handed over the bread, avoiding his brother's gaze. The air was thick with unspoken words, the weight of the truth hanging heavily over the table.

Everyone was divided by their own thoughts, they didn't talk with each other. It wasn't that they were upset with each other. It was their hesitation who held them to clear out. The question was who would make them understand that if they don't talk then it would just escalate and may it be the reason to get worse.

The brothers didn't talk to Badr or anyone as they didn't know if Badr wanted to talk with them knowing they were his step brothers. Badr didn't talk as he thought no one would want to talk to a monster.

The guilt of being a monster hung around his mind. He would go to shop every day unknown to everyone, the shop wasn't of something good but an alcohol shop. Even today, after the food, he went to the shop and bought two bottles of alcohol. With a hollow laugh, he started drinking, being in his own mind. Drowning himself into the world of despair.

"I am a monster."
"Son of a monster "
"I shouldn't be alive"
"I have a monster blood rushing in my veins"
"I am a bad person"

He mumbled continuously as he drank alcohol. Giving himself in a world detached from reality. He was drowning himself in a sin in which he will have difficulty to get himself out of it. It's only if he realises what he is wrong and prohibited. Who will take him out of this? What will be happening the reaction of his family after finding out what he's indulging himself in?

As the days turned into weeks, the situation got better. They were like before but the relation between Badr and his brothers got strained. Badr, no longer acted childish which affected everyone. Their parents who were hurt the most tried what they can to clean the strains but it were like a permanent stain. They would avoid it somehow. 

About Nassir, their was no sign of it. They assumed he had gone after doing the damage he came for.

Badr had distant himself from his friends infact everyone. It not only hurt himself but also every one; his family and his friends. He would go outside somewhere and come late at night. His friends who wanted to comfort him and be there for him tried to contact him or meet him but Badr wouldn't let it happen. His Bad habit of drinking was becoming worse unknown to his family.

Two person were the light and glory of their house. They will keep the laughter and light of the house alive. Now, one is dead and the other is broken indulging himself in a sin. They lost both. One can't be back and the other can but who will bring him back?

The house that was filled with laughter, talks and their admiral bond now was filled with despair, hurt, pain and agony. The pain, the agony, the hurt wasn't physical but emotional. The bond that was admired in the whole town was now broken and stained.

Everyone had the same questions in their mind; Will it remain like this? Was their bond that weak that a single truth destroyed it? But no one had the answer except Allah.

One day, a letter arrived for Badr. With trembling hands, he opened it, fearing it might be from Nassir the person he dreaded. To his relief, it wasn't. Instead, it was an invitation to a three-day event featuring a renowned Qari. Despite his inner turmoil, Badr accepted the invitation, seeing it as a means to escape everything. But who knows what might it become for him? What if this normal trip, a means to escape, becomes something else he didn't expect?

Author Note:

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Target for the next chapter: Five Votes!

Share your thoughts!

What do you think about Badr?

Will he be able to get out of this bad habit?

Remember: Alcohol and Cigarettes are haraam (prohibited) in Islam! The only motive for me to show it is We are not perfect and we make mistakes. But what matters is to amend it and repent to Allah (SWT)! Let's see If Badr realises it before it's too late.